Foundation / Corporation
Clayoquot Biosphere Trust (CBT)
Grant of $20,000 to Western Vancouver Island, British Columbia, registered charity, educational institution, or local or First Nation government agency for research addressing conservation and the protection of key ecosystems and species. Research is intended to advance the local understanding of conservation challenges in the marine and/or terrestrial ecosystems and helps to prioritize conservation actions within the Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Region.
Research Proposals are evaluated based on the following key criteria:
- Research that addresses key species and ecosystem threats within the Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Region.
- Research that addresses a trend of degradation on target species or ecosystems of ecological and/or cultural importance.
- Research that applies to conservation action and can be applied in other areas as well (broad application).
- Conservation action refers to management responses that can mitigate the threat.
- Research findings need to be communicated in a public forum of some kind.
- Research proposals that support the spirit and intent of the UNESCO Biosphere designation.
- Research that follows local protocols including local First Nations review and compliance with British Columbia Parks research permits.
GrantWatch ID#: 183003
Eligibility: Organizations must be a registered charity, education institution, or local or First Nation government. Lead Applicants must have completed, or be near completion of, a relevant graduate degree and have a current affiliation with an eligible organization.
For more specific information on eligibility please view: http://clayoquotbiosphere.org/funding-guidelines/
Applications are open: January 17, 2019
Deadline to apply: March 7, 2019
Funding decisions announced: April 2019
To learn about how to apply: http://clayoquotbiosphere.org/apply/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cbt
Specific questions about a research project and eligibility:
Dr. Laura Loucks, CBT’s Research Coordinator
316 Main Street
Tofino, British Columbia
P. O. Box 67, Tofino
British Columbia V0R 2Z0
Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Region description: http://clayoquotbiosphere.org/what-we-do/communities/
Canada: British Columbia