Foundation / Corporation
New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
Grant of $15,000 to $25,000 to a New Hampshire or Maine visual artist in the Piscataqua region for activities that contribute to the artist's growth in their area of expertise. Three finalists may also receive grants of $1,000 each. Funding is intended to give the artist financial support to create new work, explore new directions or new media, or any other activity that will advance their work and career.
For example, the grant may be used to support the creation of a new body of work, to experiment with new media, to buy time for investigation and experimentation, to explore new directions, for research and development, to reach new audiences, to take time for solitary work or reflection, to continue work already in progress, or to engage in collaborative projects.
Eligible art disciplines include:
- Crafts: Includes work in clay, leather, plastic, fiber, metal, wood, glass, paper, and mixed media
- 2-Dimensional Work: Includes drawing, painting, works on paper, printmaking, book arts, collage, assemblage, mixed media, does not include commercial graphic arts
- 3-Dimensional Work: Includes sculpture, installation art
- Experimental visual arts: Includes conceptual, new media (Does not include film and video unless film/video is a component of the overall new media project.)
GrantWatch ID#: 183135
One large grant, and up to three small grants.
The Foundation awards a grant ranging from $15,000 to $25,000. In addition, up to three finalists may be recognized with awards of $1,000 each.
Visual artists and craftspeople whose resume and body of work demonstrate a strong commitment to an artistic discipline are welcome to apply. Collaborating visual artists and craftspeople are also eligible to apply.
The applicant must have been a permanent resident in the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation’s Piscataqua Region for at least two full years prior to applying, and must plan to maintain permanent residence in the region during the entire grant period.
The applicant must be over 18 years of age at time of application.
Ineligible to Apply:
- No matriculated student enrolled in a degree program during the grant period is eligible to apply.
- Directors and staff of the Foundation and their immediate families are not eligible.
- Current jurors and their immediate family members are not eligible.
- Past recipients of a New Hampshire Charitable Foundation-Piscataqua Region Artist Advancement Grant are not eligible to apply until ten years have elapsed.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
If your application was funded, you will be notified no later than August. Funds are generally released in September or October.
Those with questions about whether a particular art form is eligible should contact the Program consultant.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Maria Sillari, Program Consultant
Simon Delekta, Senior Program Officer
603-430-9182 ext 22297
New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
37 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301-4005
Maine: Berwick, Eliot, Kittery, North Berwick, South Berwick, York (including Cape Neddick).
New Hampshire: Barrington, Brentwood, Danville, Dover, Durham, East Kingston, Epping, Exeter, Farmington, Fremont, Greenland, Hampton, Hampton Falls, Kensington, Kingston, Lee, Madbury, Milton, New Castle, Newfields, Newington, Newmarket, Newton, North Hampton, Northwood, Nottingham, Portsmouth, Rochester, Rollinsford, Rye, Seabrook, Somersworth, South Hampton, Strafford, Stratham.
USA: Maine; New Hampshire