Foundation / Corporation
In-kind grants to Utah public and charter elementary schools to help students learn about and plant trees on school property. Funding is intended to inspire students to be stewards of their local environments. In addition to providing tree donations, program staff will teach students about trees, as well as how to properly plant and take care of them.
Grant recipients will receive:
- Before the planting event, a TreeUtah representative will finalize the planting location and the species of tree for the space.
- 1-3 trees depending on need, ability to care for new trees, and the number of student participants.
- Assistance with pre-planting preparation.
- Assistance with organizing and managing the tree planting event.
- An educational component held the day of the planting.
GrantWatch ID#: 183182
Any charter or public elementary school in Utah may apply.
All trees must be planted on school grounds with assistance and consultation from TreeUtah staff. Moreover, all projects must have a long-term plan for watering and maintenance to give the trees the best chance of survival.
Fall grant cycle which opens August 1st, 2018 and will close October 1st.
Applicants are asked to identify up to three desired planting dates. However, preferred dates cannot always be accommodated due to scheduling conflicts with other planting events. Applicants are asked to be flexible when scheduling a planting date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications and site photos to:
Arly Landry, the education coordinator
824 South 400 West, Suite B121
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Telephone: (801) 364-2122
Fax: (801) 364-6889