Foundation / Corporation
City Parks Foundation
Fellowships to New York City community groups that are implementing park projects in a New York City park. This training program is intended to support community groups that are seeking support in further developing their park group.
Fellowship cohort receives tailored support and learns how to:
- Define goals
- Develop an action plan
- Monitor and evaluate progress
Priority is given to:
- Park-focused community groups who have a long-term commitment to their local park(s)
- Groups that have small budgets, limited resources, and are staffed by volunteers
- Groups that are embarking on new projects or expanding existing projects
- Groups and projects devoted to neighborhood parks and street trees that are not supported by other resources (such as large conservancies).
- Groups that have a strong history of collaborative work with Partnerships for Parks, NYC Parks, and/or City Parks Foundation.
Those admitted into the Partnerships Academy Fellowship will be expected to:
- Develp a document with your goals and plan of action, and be willing to update your progress
- Be willing to work with Partnerships for Parks to edit projects as necessary so they are both attainable and challenging
- Attendance at most of the in-person Fellowship Sessions (at least 3 out of 4)
- Support other Fellowhsip participants with their projects and be willing to ask for support
- Participate in mid- and post-projects and Fellowship evaluations
GrantWatch ID#: 183282
This is a six-month-long fellowship program
USA: New York City: Projects must take place on NYC Parks property; New York