Foundation / Corporation
Lancaster County Community Foundation - BB&T Economic Growth Fund
Grants to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations to improve the economic health and standard of living of local residents. Applicants must submit a letter of intent prior to submitting a full application. Funding is intended to attract and incubate businesses, promote industrial growth, and create sustainable and thriving wage jobs.
1. Economic Growth Solution
2. Theory of Change
3. Implementation Plan
4. Organizational Capacity
5. Measurable Results (including indicators such as job retention and creation of sustainable/thriving wage jobs, training and mentorship, leveraging funds, building occupancy and vacancy rates, job-to-resident ratio, new businesses and business start-ups, asset-building and wealth creation).
6. Community Connections
8. Next Steps
For more details about the funding criteria, see: https://www.lancfound.org/wp-content/uploads/BBT-fund-information-sheet-2019.pdf#page=1
GrantWatch ID#: 183519
Grants range from $100,000 to $1,000,000.
Funding period is generally one to two years.
1. Demonstrate that the program/project will benefit residents of Lancaster County
2. Current 501(C)(3) designation from the IRS
3. Registered with the Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations (BCO) unless otherwise exempt per the Solicitation of Fund for Charitable Purposes Act
4. Current filing of the IRS Form 990 (unless exempt)
5. Audited or Reviewed Financial Statement by an independent CPA firm within the last 12 months
6. In good standing with all existing awards and contracts with the Lancaster County Community Foundation
7. Current on payroll taxes
The Community Foundation will not typically fund:
- Creation of new organizations
- Capital campaigns/capital costs (equipment, building costs, maintenance)
- Political campaigns
- Expenses incurred before the grant is awarded
- Cemetery associations
- Religious causes that further a specific belief/agenda
Fund Information Session: The BB&T Economic Growth Fund will be highlighted at the Community Foundation’s general Grant Info Session on March 5, 3:00 p.m. at Penn Cinema.
Letter of Intent (LOI) Accepted: March 5, 2019 – June 1, 2019.
As the first application step, organizations submit a letter of intent. (No phone calls or meetings). Letters of intent (LOI) will be reviewed once in 2019. Following the review, organizations may be invited to submit a more detailed application.
A detailed timeline for decisions on LOI, deadline for application, and decisions on applications is TBD.
There is an expectation that grant dollars will be leveraged at least on a 1:1 basis by other sources of funding.
Payment dates and increments will be defined by the Committee on a project by project basis, and they will be conditional on meeting any matching requirements and intended results.
Resources for applicants can be found here: https://www.lancfound.org/grant/resources-for-grant-applicants/
General Grant Information: https://www.lancfound.org/grants/
Grant Application Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=etScRJXC2bE
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the letter of intent online here:
Lancaster County Community Foundation
24 W King ST, Suite 201
Lancaster, PA 17603
717 397 1629
USA: Pennsylvania: Lancaster County