Foundation / Corporation
Brookdale Foundation Group - Relatives As Parents Program (RAPP)
06/12/19 4:00 PM ET Receipt
Grants of $15,000 to USA nonprofits to develop new services or expand existing services that support caregivers who have taken on the role of surrogate parents to young relatives. Funding is intended to be used over a two-year period to develop the program activities. Priority will be given to organizations that have access to relative caregivers, provide supportive services, and demonstrate broad community involvement and support.
Agencies that are not currently part of the Brookdale Relatives As Parents Program may propose new services/programs to caregivers and their families. Expanded services may be proposed by agencies that are currently part of the Brookdale Relatives As Parents Program that wish to initiate additional services or replicate their programs in another area.
A Community Advisory Committee should be established to facilitate the program goals. The goals of the programs are:
- Supportive services to relative caregivers and the children they are raising, with emphasis on relative caregiving families that are not in the formal foster care system;
- Start new or expand current services in response to caregiver and family needs;
- Services and assistance to relative caregivers and the children in their care must include regular ongoing support, educational or social groups and at least two of the following: benefits and legal guidance, educational seminars. individual and/or family counseling, health care services, childcare, housing assistance, children’s services, group recreational activities, transportation assistance, services to special populations, services with local schools, mental health services, and other programmatic initiatives
- Establish collaboration with community organizations and other service systems such as family services, child care, aging, education, legal, health care, mental health and extension services;
- Initiate programs that have assurance of continuity beyond the two-year grant period; and
- Create replicable models of cost-effective, quality services across the region.
GrantWatch ID#: 183607
Up to 15
Each selected organization will receive a seed grant of $15,000 ($10,000 and $5,000 respectively), contingent on progress made during year one and potential for continuity in the future. Ongoing technical assistance will also be provided.
The grant period is two years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Hard copies of the grant proposal are to be mailed to:
The Brookdale Foundation Group
300 Frank W. Burr Blvd., Suite 13
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Or, emailed as attachments to:
For further information, contact:
Melinda Perez-Porter, Director
Relatives As Parents Program
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming