Foundation / Corporation
Grants to Washington organizations for financial literacy programs to benefit K-college aged youth. Funding is intended to develop and encourage the use of a replicable, scalable best-practice tool that can improve financial literacy in high-needs populations.
First convened on a national level in December 1995, the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy determined that the average student who graduates from high school lacks basic skills in the management of personal financial affairs. Many are unable to balance a checkbook and most simply have no insight into the basic survival principles involved with earning, spending, saving, and investing.
Many young people fail in the management of their first consumer credit experience, establish bad financial management habits, and stumble through their lives learning by trial and error. The Coalition´s direct objective is to encourage curriculum enrichment to ensure that basic personal financial management skills are attained during the K-12 educational experience. The wheels of education do not need to be reinvented, they simply require balance.
Jump$tart's purpose is to evaluate the financial literacy of young adults; develop, disseminate, and encourage the use of standards for grades K-12; and promote the teaching of personal finance. The Jump$tart Coalition believes that all young adults need to have the financial literacy necessary to make informed financial decisions.
GrantWatch ID#: 183649
Organizations serving Washington residents may apply.
- Application Deadline is June 30, 2018.
- Grant Review Committee (appointed by the board) reviews Grant Applications by July 31, 2018 and makes grant recommendations to the Jumpstart Board at the August board meeting.
- Jumpstart board votes on the grant recommendations at the August board meeting.
- Applicants are notified by email regarding grant decisions by August 31, 2018.
- Grant Funds are paid to Grant Recipients via check per the funding date noted in the Grant Application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: http://www.wajumpstart.org/Grant-Application
Submit the completed application online at the link above, or email your completed application to
PO Box 23046
Seattle, Washington 98102