Foundation / Corporation
The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF)
05/23/19 5:00 PM AKST
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 to Alaska nonprofits, schools, local government agencies, and faith-based organizations for efforts to meet basic human needs in the community. Funding is intended for health and wellness programs that ensure that residents have access to basic needs, such as food, shelter, and health. Requests can be for one of the following: program expansion or creation, general operational support, or capital expenses.
ACF is highly interested in innovative programs that are responsive to community needs, partnerships, and collaborative efforts. Lower priority is given to equipment purchase requests, requests to pay staff for existing services, and duplication of existing services.
Types of Requests:
- Program Expansion or Creation: Supports specific projects or programs that serve the community and are linked to an organization’s primary service.
- General Operational Support: Supports innovations that lead to greater sustainability in operations of organizations and programs directly meeting basic needs of Alaskans.
- Capital Expenses: Supports equipment purchases so basic needs can by met.
GrantWatch ID#: 183705
Grant awards range from $5,000 – $10,000.
Eligible applicants include 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organizations in good standing or equivalent organizations (schools, faith-based organizations, local government agencies and programs) focused on meeting the basic human needs of Alaskans.
The following are not eligible for grant funding:
- For profit organizations or businesses
- 501(c)(4) or (c)(6) organizations
- State or federal government agencies
Requests for endowment building, deficit financing, direct fundraising costs, lobbying, electioneering and activities of a political nature will not be considered. Nor will requests for advertisements, sponsorships, special events or activities that have the potential to support terrorism.
Additionally, the following activities are not eligible for grant funding:
- Activities that improperly discriminate as to race, gender, marital status, sexual preference, age, disability, creed or ethnicity or grants for religious indoctrination or other religious activities.
- Activities outside the State of Alaska.
Applications will be accepted April 15, 2019 - May 23, 2019, 5:00 PM
To preview previous application questions:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online after April 15: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=alaska
Contact ACF with any questions regarding the online application system at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-334-6700.
The Alaska Community Foundation
3201 C Street, Suite 110
Anchorage, AK 99503