South Dakota Arts Council (SDAC)
Matching grants to South Dakota schools and community organizations to sponsor residencies for individual professional artists or teams of artists. Residencies must be at least one week long. Funding is intended to place professional local artists in residencies in schools and communities and to encourage and supplement existing arts programs. Priority will be given to residencies that are at least one month in length, to new locations, to requests for new arts disciplines and new artists, and to schools that are expanding their arts-in-education programs.
Artists In Schools and Communities is designed to:
- Provide students and communities an opportunity to work with and learn from a professional artist.
- Assist in the development of a school/community commitment to the arts as basic to education and life-long learning.
- Serve teachers by providing a resource person in a specific arts discipline who can help develop methods of creative teaching and assist schools and teachers in meeting educational content standards.
- Serve communities by providing artists to assist with community betterment, i.e. artistic and environmental design projects, theater residencies, murals, classes and workshops, etc.
- Support individual artists by providing time during the residency to pursue their own artistic development.
GrantWatch ID#: 183740
Single Artist Residency Fees:
One Week: SDAC Match - $600
One Month: SDAC Match - $2,400
One Semester: SDAC Match - $9,600
Dual Artist Residency Fees:
One Week: SDAC Match - $1,000
One Month: SDAC Match - $4,000
To determine the artist fee, multiply the single week cost by the number of weeks requested.
- Residencies should take place between July 1 and June 30 of each year.
- Residencies must be a minimum of one week in length. Any number of weeks can be requested.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: http://artscouncil.sd.gov/grants/aiscapplication.aspx
Department of Tourism
711 E Wells Ave
Pierre, SD 57501
USA: South Dakota