Foundation / Corporation
Oakville Community Foundation (OCF)
08/30/18 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $25,000 to Ontario nonprofits for projects that improve, maintain, or transform the quality of life in Oakville. Proposals are accepted in the focus areas of health care, arts and culture, social services, community development, environment, education, fitness, heritage, and youth.
Projects must have a specific connection to one or more of the Foundation’s Vital Sign’s Strategic pillars - Equity Gap, Housing, Inclusion and Mental Health programs and services.
Give Oakville will accept the following applications:
- Applications with a $25,000 maximum for single grant request from one or more charities (can be a collaborative with a number of charities)
- Operational costs - applications to support employment opportunities for youth; other administration; materials or equipment that will build capacity and lead to making the project/program sustainable.
GrantWatch ID#: 183778
The Foundation will accept eligible grant requests up to a maximum of $25,000.
The funding period will begin in October 2018. Grants will be distributed as projects become fully funded. Grants for partially funded projects will be dispersed in December 2018.
Applicants must be from charitable organizations who:
- Are qualified donees as defined under the Income Tax Act, and registered and in good-standing with Canada Revenue Agency, and
- Confirm their adherence to the Human Rights Code.
- Charitable organizations located outside of Oakville only if funding is used for activities which directly support and serve Oakville residents.
Applications with an Indigenous focus must adhere to the Indigenous granting policy directions in the attached guidelines PDF.
Applicants WILL NOT be supported if the project is:
- In response to annual fund drives;
- To cover deficits;
- To retire debt;
- To endowment funds; or
- For sectarian, religious or political purposes*.
(*Faith-based organizations seeking to extend the use of their premises to make them available for community-based outreach projects, may apply for funding on their behalf. Funding will not be granted for programs or equipment for purposes deemed to be the responsibility of the congregation.)
“Give Oakville” will be accepting grant applications from June 11 to August 30, 2018. Charities will be required to complete a one-time registration to be able to access the application once it goes live on June 11. Fundholders will then have access to view and fund projects through their own portal.
- Grant Applications Open: June 11, 2018 @ 12:01 a.m.
- Deadline for Applications: August 30, 2018 @ 11:59 p.m.
- Funding Period: October – early December
- Receive Full Funding: Dispersed as filled
- Receive Partial Funding: December 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
(905) 844-3562 ext. 303
For questions about logging onto the portal or any other technical questions about the online process, contact:
Michelle Collins,Digital and Office Solutions Analyst
Oakville Community Foundation
410 North Service Rd. E - Suite 200
Oakville, Ontario L6H 5R2