Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to Steuben County, New York nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that benefit youth in the Bath area. LOIs are due by September 1. Applicants are encouraged to contact the Funding Source before submitting an application.
The Community Foundation funds a wide variety of programs and projects across all program areas. Most grants, however, fall into three categories:
- Program or Direct Service Grants – for costs associated with implementation of the program
- Capital Grants – for costs related to building construction, building renovation or capital equipment
- Organizational Development and Capacity Building Grants - for costs related to activities such as strategic planning, board development, program planning, performance management and evaluation, succession planning or marketing and communications. Other organizational capacity areas under this category include business planning, fund development, facility planning and management systems (financial, HR, technology)
GrantWatch ID#: 183960
Grant awards will range between $1,000 and $10,000. Requests for more than $10,000 must be discussed prior to submitting your application with the Director, Grants and Communications.
Applicants must be nonprofit organizations serving the youth and:
- located in and providing services in Bath, NY, located in Steuben County
- classified as nonprofit charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or publicly supported organizations such as school districts and municipalities.
For private schools and faith-based organizations -
Characteristics of eligible grant funded programs include and must demonstrate that they are:
- Open and accessible to the greater community
- Open to all regardless of religious affiliation
- Open and available to low-income or underserved students/participants
Organizations may not submit more than one application for funding at a time. The Edith Saxton Fund generally does not make grants for the following:
- Religious purposes
- Political or partisan purposes
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made
- Deficit funding or debt retirement
Deadline and Decision Schedule:
- Letter of Intent deadline: September 1
- Application deadline: September 15
- Notification: Early December
The Foundation accepts applications to the Edith Saxton Youth Services Fund once per year. All applicants must submit a letter explaining the program to be funded and the amount requested – a letter of intent – two weeks before the application deadline.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their grant request with the Community Foundation staff before beginning the application process. If you intend on applying for more than $10,000, you must contact the Director, Grants and Communications prior to submitting your letter of intent.
Grant applicant video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etScRJXC2bE
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=communityfund
Questions? Contact the Director, Grants & Communications, Sara Palmer, at (607) 739-3900 or at email@example.com.
Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and The Finger Lakes
301 South Main Street
Horseheads, NY 14845
USA: New York: Bath area in Steuben County