Foundation / Corporation
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC) - Greater Harrisburg Foundation (GHF)
08/01/19 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants ranging from $500 to $10,000 to Pennsylvania nonprofits for programs that create positive social change in the Harrisburg area. Programs may align with the following areas of focus: health and wellness, seniors, education, environment and parks, homelessness and hunger, mental health, and specific communities.
The Greater Harrisburg Foundation (GHF) Upstream grant opportunity seeks to improve area communities by supporting existing or new “upstream” systems, interventions, programs, or projects that attempt to create positive social change by addressing a problem at its source rather than managing its “downstream” symptoms.
GHF Upstream welcomes creative and strategic solutions that seek to address the source of systemic issues within the communities you serve. Applicants may seek support for any “upstream” project, program, or intervention that best meets the needs of the population to be served.
Examples of upstream projects include, but are not limited to: access to quality education, access to a safe and healthy environment; life skills training; materials that increase accessibility or improve an individual’s self-sufficiency; availability of reliable and safe transportation that improves an individual or group’s ability to grow, learn, or address a key need; animal spay/neuter clinics; early health screenings; job training and placement; support of basic needs that work to support an individual or group’s ability to grow, learn, or address a key need.
The principal focus of GHF Upstream is the support of any grant application that best presents upstream solutions to any area of community need. However, empowered by a range of special funds which serve to collectively strengthen area communities through shared themes, GHF Upstream is additionally pleased to welcome upstream applications that address:
- Education: Early childhood education; education and development programs for children and youth; educational programs serving adults
- Environment and Parks: Environmental stewardship; horticulture and the arts; health and environment; park beautification and improvement
- Health and Wellness: Health and human services; programs and projects focusing upon: cancer awareness and/or research, dental care for those in need, HIV and AIDS, individuals with debilitating or terminal illness, Individuals with intellectual disabilities, prevention of head and/or spinal cord injury, purchasing of devices that improve accessibility
- Homelessness and Hunger: Programs and projects addressing homelessness & hunger
- Mental Health: Counseling for children with terminally ill family members; guidance, counseling, or programming that includes guidance and/or counseling for youths; programs and projects that address mental health
- Seniors: Programs and projects serving older adults
- Communities of Focus: Programs and projects that benefit residents of Millersburg, a borough of Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. Disaster relief and human services that serve the communities of Lebanon City, PA and Cressona, PA. Please note: each community of focus is supported by special funds and parameters established by caring community members and is specific to the respective community.
GrantWatch ID#: 183962
The number of grant awards will be dependent upon the quantity of qualified applicants and funds sought.
Grant awards will range from $500 – $10,000; the maximum grant for any proposal is $10,000.
Proposed projects may take place at any time during the grant year beginning January 1, 2020 and ending December 31, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To submit a draft review, email all materials to be reviewed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jennifer Strechay, Program Officer for Community Investment
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities
PO Box 678
Harrisburg, PA 17108-0678
USA: Pennsylvania: Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and/or Perry Counties and the Dillsburg Area of Northern York County