Foundation / Corporation
01/14/19 5:00 PM ET
Grants of up to $8,000 to USA, Canada, and International educational institutions and public sector organizations for an assessment process that will help protect individual privacy rights. The assessment will include a thorough audit, an onsite visit, and a recommendation report.
Based on the alarming non-compliance instances, Campus Consortium strives to safeguard individual privacy rights through its General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Assessment Grant.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new European Union (EU) privacy law that came into effect on May 25, 2018. It is designed to give individuals control over their personal data and is an important effort for protecting individual rights and freedoms. The GDPR applies to any organization based in the EU and organizations wherever they are located—that are selling goods and services in the EU or processing personal data of individuals in the EU.
Organizations that comply with GDPR regulations smoothly and readily will strengthen their relationships with customers by protecting the security and privacy of their data, and providing transparency into policies and principles. Additionally, the robust data management capabilities required to achieve compliance can enable businesses to better engage with customers, empower employees, and optimize the creation and delivery of products and services.
Benefits of choosing a GDPR Assessment:
- Security against potential cyber-attacks and data thefts
- Boosting your organization’s reputation as secure for students and staff
- Data Protection Training to ensure data controller accountability
- Global data security for individuals with third-party country transactions
- Improved accuracy of data stored in your organization’s database
- Cut costs by getting rid of data inventory software no longer relevant to your business
The grant helps fund up to $8,000 in the entire process of assessment that includes:
- An onsite visit
- Thorough audit
- Recommendation reports for vulnerability assessments under The General Data Protection Regulation
In addition, Grant Awardees will be eligible for Exclusive Consortium Rates to migrate their infrastructure to the cloud and be disaster ready.
GrantWatch ID#: 184019
Only five grants available.
The grant helps fund up to $8,000 in the entire process of assessment.
Project kick-off by February 11, 2019
K-12 Schools and Accredited Institutions of Higher Education are eligible to apply.
- Applicant demonstrates a commitment to implementing the solution (e.g. letter from president highlighting the problem that the solution solves and why the grant would be helpful in meeting strategic objectives).
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a letter of recommendation from a previous grant recipient.
- Applications Open on December 3, 2018
- Apply for the Grant by January 14, 2019, 5:00 PM
- Review of Application by Grant Review Committee by January 21, 2019
- Grant Award Letter issued to Grant Recipients by January 24, 2019
- Grant Award Walkthrough by January 28, 2019
- Execution of Grant Award Agreement by January 31, 2019
- Project Kick-Off by February 11, 2019
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
55 East Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.