Foundation / Corporation
Grant to a New Jersey nonprofit organization for an innovative project that will address the unmet needs of the disadvantaged residents of Essex County. Funding is intended to encourage creative, new initiatives as well as to support projects currently underway.
The Foundation awards funding for:
- Projects in Essex County with High Impact - new projects or expansion of existing projects
- Projects addressing under-met needs, empowering an underserved constituency
- Projects that innovate, deepen, or expand an existing mission, resulting in measurable, sustainable change
- Projects with evidence demonstrating that the idea is effective
The Foundation will award one grant of $120,000 for the 2018 cycle.
GrantWatch ID#: 184034
Applicant organizations must present a plan demonstrating their intention to spend the grant within 2 years, with evidence that all funding needs will be fully met.
Organizations must operate within Essex County, New Jersey, and have the following:
- 501 (c)(3)
- Track record of success
- At least three years in operation
- Annual operating budget of at least $100,000
- At least 2 years of independently prepared financial statements
The Foundation will not fund:
- Lobbying, partisan, or religious projects
- Debt reduction, interim or bridge funding, endowments, or fundraising
- General operating expenses or overhead
- Grants to individuals
Applications are due on September 14, 2018.
Applicants who are chosen as semi-finalists may expect visits to their site between October 29 and November 9, 2018.
Finalists will be selected by December 1. The grant will be awarded at the annual meeting on January 15, 2019.
Home page: http://impact100essex.org/
Grant Timeline: http://impact100essex.org/page-4/page-9/
How to Apply: http://impact100essex.org/page-4/page-5/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For the online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cfnj
For questions, applicants may email:
USA: New Jersey: Essex County