Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Grand Forks, East Grand Forks and Region
03/01/19 5:00 PM
Grants to Grand Forks, North Dakota arts nonprofit organizations to support arts and cultural programming for public audiences. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several days to complete. Funding is intended to support projects that take place and benefit the City of Grand Forks and are open to the public.
The Arts Regrant Program observes strict procedures to prevent any conflict of interest. The committee uses the following criteria to assess all applications:
- Artistic quality, including the organization’s integrity and intention regarding its arts programing.
- Impact, existing or potential, on the communities and audiences the organization serves and/or plans to serve.
- Organizational capabilities, including capacity, efficacy, and organizational stability and fiscal position.
GrantWatch ID#: 184049
The grant period is up to 12 months, beginning no earlier than April 1, 2019, and ending by March 31, 2020.
Applicants for the Arts Regrant Program must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a nonprofit organization with tax exempt status in North Dakota or be fiscally sponsored by a nonprofit with such tax exempt status in North Dakota.
- Have an arts and/or culture-based mission.
- Have principal operations in the City of Grand Forks.
- Be current with all reports if a prior Community Foundation grant recipient, including previous Arts Regrant reports.
- Demonstrate general fiscal responsibility and agree to use the grant funds to further the arts in our community.
- Have a Board of Directors that meets on a regular basis.
- Submit a complete and accurate application, providing all requested information, by the stated deadline.
- Submit documentation of a professional audit or financial review or compilation by a CPA, completed within the past year. If such are not available, the organization may submit a balance sheet and profit and loss statement signed by the organization's Treasurer. No other alternatives will be accepted.
Restrictions on Use of Funds:
- Awarded funds cannot be used for debt reduction/elimination, penalties, or litigation.
- Awarded funds cannot be re-granted or redistributed to any other person, organization, or entity.
- Funds must be applied to a project or program. For example, a festival, a series of visual art exhibitions, or a performing arts series. Ineligible activities include, but are not limited to, those that do not have arts/culture as their primary focus, endowment funds, capital expenditures, fundraising, or activities that are primarily for religious purposes.
- No more than 10% of awarded funds may be utilized for ongoing or routine administrative and/or operational costs for applicant organizations.
Organizations planning to apply for a grant through the Arts Regrant Program may attend an application workshop held by the Community Foundation prior to submission. This workshop is strongly encouraged for those that have not utilized the Foundation’s grant portal and/or have not applied for an Arts Regrant in the past. RSVP prior to February 4.
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
10:00 – 10:45am
Community Foundation Office
620 DeMers Ave
Grand Forks, ND 58201
Appointments with the Foundation office may also be scheduled by applicants, depending on staff availability.
Applications are due by Friday, March 1, 2019 at 5:00 pm. No applications will be accepted after this deadline.
Registration for the portal is recommended well in advance of submission, as it may take 2-3 business days for approval and access to the application form.
Organizations will be notified of their award status by March 30, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: http://www.gofoundation.org/portal.html
For questions on the online application process:
Sheila Bruhn, Operations Coordinator
GF, EGF & Region
620 DeMers Avenue
Grand Forks, ND 58201
USA: North Dakota: City of Grand Forks