Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of the Kootenay Rockies (CFKR) - Sparwood Community Fund
09/30/18 5:00 PM MT
Grants of up to $500 to Sparwood area, British Columbia organizations for local charitable projects and activities. The Foundation will consider applications from eligible organizations within the District of Sparwood and the surrounding area, including Natal, Elk Prarie, and Michel. Projects must involve several participants and funds should be spent locally. Eligible projects are those that benefit the general community. Programs are intended to increase community participation, celebrate diversity, and connect residents.
The goals of the Sparwood Small is Beautiful (SSIB) program are to:
- Connect and engage residents (e.g. improving an area of the neighborhood)
- Share residents’ skills and knowledge (e.g. collaborative art making or storytelling sessions)
- Increase sense of belonging and responsibility to your community (e.g. removal of invasive plant species)
- Respect and celebrate diversity (e.g. instructions for special crafts or celebration of special holidays of other cultures)
GrantWatch ID#: 184135
$500 or less
In order to be eligible, the applying organization must:
- Provide services that directly benefit the citizens within the Sparwood Community Fund catchment area, which includes the District of Sparwood and the surrounding rural area
- Hold a current Revenue Canada Charitable Registration Number. If the organization that is applying is not a registered charity, an agency agreement with a registered charity stating that the registered charity will accept the funds on behalf of the applicant MUST be included in the grant application package
- Make services available without discrimination
- Provide all information requested according to the Grant Application requirements
- Demonstrate fiscal and management responsibility
Grant requests for the following are deemed to be ineligible:
- Publication of studies, educational material
- Seminars, conferences or workshops
- Tours or travel outside the community
- Scholarships or fellowships
- Activities of religious organizations that primarily serve their membership and/or their direct religious purposes
- Political organizations
- Advertising, marketing, videos, etc.
- Fundraising campaigns
- General endowment or sustaining funds
- Core operating costs
- Operating or capital deficits, or to retire debts
The 2018 application deadline is 5:00 PM MT on September 30, 2018. All organizations will be notified of their application status as soon as the Board’s granting decisions are finalized, typically five to seven weeks after the application deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Completed applications may be emailed or brought in person to:
Sparwood Chamber of Commerce
141-A Aspen Drive
Attn: Beverly MacNaughton
The District of Sparwood and the surrounding rural area, including Elk Prairie, Michel, and Natal.
Canada: British Columbia