Foundation / Corporation
Camden National Bank - The Bank of Maine Foundation
Awards of $5,000 to Maine nonprofit board leaders to recognize outstanding leadership. Eligible nominees are those that demonstrate innovation, passion, and resourcefulness in board leadership which has resulted in the organization's financial stability, growth, or successful transition. Applications must provide detailed, concrete examples of how these factors have contributed to the organization’s success.
Each winner will receive:
- A $5,000 grant for his/her nonprofit organization
- Recognition on Camden National Bank’s website, social media, and marketing materials
- An invitation to attend the Maine Association of Nonprofits’ Fall 2018 Executive Leadership Forum on October 31, 2018, when we will present the Leaders & Luminaries winners with their awards.
There are several key ways in which board members demonstrate exceptional governance and leadership, such as:
- Playing a leading role in helping the organization define and achieve its mission.
- Providing active and helpful oversight of the activities and financial stability of the organization.
- Providing leadership in helping to create the organization’s strategic direction and vision.
- Setting an example for other board members and mentoring newly appointed members.
GrantWatch ID#: 184198
- Maine-based nonprofits are encouraged to nominate a board member who has demonstrated passion, innovation and resourcefulness in board governance which has led to the organization’s growth, successful transition or financial stability.
- Eligibility is limited to nonprofit organizations or groups that demonstrate tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service Code Section 501(c)3.
- The board member must be currently serving on the board of directors and not employed by the organization.
- The size, age, budget and mission of the organization are not material in consideration for this award.
- In reviewing applications, the selection committee will take into account the funds, staff and volunteers available to the organization, as well as how effectively it has allocated those resources to fulfill its mission.
- No prior or current relationship with Camden National Bank will be considered or is necessary to receive this award.
- Camden National Bank employees are not eligible to nominate or be nominated.
- Only one nomination accepted per organization.
- Nonprofit organizations must be located and operating in the state of Maine. If an organization that is based in Maine is actually part of a larger, national nonprofit, then the nominee must be from the Maine branch of the organization.
- Award recipients are not eligible to participate for the following five years.
The deadline for applications is August 24, 2018.
All winners are asked to participate in the award presentation to be held on
October 31, 2018.
Information on the Executive Leadership Forum: https://www.nonprofitmaine.org/learn/learning-intensives/leadership-conferences-forums/fall-2018-executive-leadership-forum-leaders-luminaries-awards/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit nominations by email or mail to:
Leaders & Luminaries Award
Camden National Bank
Two Canal Plaza
Portland, ME 04101