Foundation / Corporation
East Tennessee Foundation (ETF)
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to Blount County, Tennessee nonprofits, agencies, and educational institutions for professional development and technology needs. Funding is intended to help local nonprofits better serve the Blount County community.
Grant applications will be considered for funding award only if in support of technology needs or partnered with professional development needs or a combination of these two focus areas.
Examples of technology needs may include but are not limited to: information technology, equipment, software, and peripherals (e.g., printers, keyboards, mouse, headsets, cameras, microphones). It may also include professional assessment(s) and recommendations for the items listed above as well as cybersecurity assessments/equipment/software.
Professional development may include the staff training to support the utilization of the above technology enhancements/upgrades as well as the ongoing accreditation, certification, and/or licensure required for many nonprofit staff positions. Examples include certification as an art therapist or a domestic violence advocate, a medical provider’s license renewal, or a continued accreditation for a specific type of treatment/therapy (not limited to these examples).
GrantWatch ID#: 184207
Grants will generally range from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $5,000.
Grants will be awarded for one-year terms.
Eligible organizations must have and be able to provide documentation to verify the following:
- Confirmation that the organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, unit of government , or educational institution. New or emerging groups that do not have nonprofit status may apply if they have an established nonprofit organization as a fiscal sponsor.
- Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Confirmation that the organization operates and is organized so as to not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, religion, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, age, disability, covered veteran status, or other characteristics as identified in the Foundation’s Non-Discrimination Policy Statement.
Applicant organizations must have a local presence in and directly serve residents of Blount County.
The following types of requests will not be funded:
- Projects that have explicit religious content, express a particular religious view or advance a religious purpose
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Endowment funds or general fundraising campaigns
- Capital improvements
- Grants to individuals
The submission deadline is September 15, 2018.
Grants will be awarded in December 2018.
Preference will be given to organizations whose projects are funded by a 20% match of cash and/or in-kind donations.
General Eligibility and Funding Criteria:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please direct your questions to:
Jan Elston, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs
Ashley Siferd, Program Assistant
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or toll-free (877) 524-1223
USA: Tennessee: Blount County