Foundation / Corporation
City of New York Mayor, Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) and New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) - NYC Women’s Fund for Media, Music and Theatre
10/01/19 11:59 PM EST
Grants to New York City women producers and filmmakers to complete feature and short-length film, digital, and television productions. The productions must be made in New York City and feature strong female participation. Funding is intended to support and encourage the creation of content that reflects the voices and perspectives of all who identify as women.
The program will provide finishing funds for film, television, and digital projects. Recipients will be selected from the following categories:
- Fiction Feature (running time of 60 minutes or more)
- Fiction Short (running time of 59 minutes or less)
- Fiction Webisode/Webseries (all forms)
- Documentary Feature (running time of 60 minutes or more)
- Documentary Short (running time of 59 minutes or less)
- Documentary Webisodes/Webseries (all lengths and forms)
Eligibility criteria for projects:
- Projects can be either commercial or not-for-profit in nature.
- Must follow at least one of two criteria: (i) 75% of its total shooting days take place in New York City, or (ii) 75% of its production costs are “qualified production costs”.
- Funds can be used for any purpose critical to the completion of the project.
- Projects can be live action or animated.
The NYC Women’s Fund for Media, Music and Theatre is a government-funded program. Accordingly, applicants will be required to propose a meaningful way to provide free public access to New York City residents to the project for a limited period of time. Possibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
A. Presenting a public presentation with free admission for New York City residents at an approved location within the five boroughs.
B. Granting a three year term, non-exclusive, royalty free license to the City to air programming either in its original state or edited version, starting up to four years after original release date.
C. Other means mutually agreed to by MOME and NYFA
GrantWatch ID#: 184217
- Fiction Feature (running time of 60 minutes or more): up to $50,000
- Fiction Short (running time of 59 minutes or less): up to $25,000
- Fiction Webisode/Webseries (all forms): up to $20,000
- Documentary Feature (running time of 60 minutes or more): up to $50,000
- Documentary Short (running time of 59 minutes or less): up to $25,000
- Documentary Webisodes/Webseries (all lengths and forms): up to $20,000
- Music: Classical/Experimental/Jazz/New Music - $20,000
- Music General - $20,000
These are finishing funds and all projects must be completed by March 31, 2021. “Completed” means ready to be shown theatrically, on television, through a streaming service or online. Projects must have started principal photography and should be able to project final cut and be ready to implement distribution strategy described in the application by March 31, 2021.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://nyfawomeninfilm.submittable.com/submit
New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA)
20 Jay Street, 7th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
P: (212) 366-6900
F: (212) 366-1778
USA: New York City; New York