09/28/18 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants to Douglas County, Nevada nonprofit organizations and government agencies for programs and projects that benefit the local community. Funding may be used for educational, charitable, and religious purposes. A portion of the funds will be used to support the local indigent population.
GrantWatch ID#: 184226
NRS 244.1505 states that a Board of County Commissioners may grant or donate monies to a nonprofit organization created for religious, charitable, or educational purposes, or to a government entity, for any purpose which will provide a substantial benefit to the inhabitants of the County.
The application period is open from July 12 – September 28, 2018. Grant Applications received incomplete or after 5:00 pm on Friday, September 28, 2018 will not be considered. Applications must be received (not postmarked) by the deadline.
- September 28, 2018 – Application deadline
- October 1 – October 15, 2018 – Grant Committee to set up interview time and location with each applicant (or upon receipt of application)
- October 15 – October 31, 2018 – Grant Committee to interview applicants
- November 1 – November 9, 2018 – Grant Committee to review applications and interview notes in preparation for grant recommendations to be presented to the Board of County Commissioners
- November 12 – November 16, 2018 – Grant Committee meeting to finalize recommendations
- November 23, 2018 – Submit Community Grant recommendations for the December 6, 2018 Board meeting
- December 6, 2018 – Present recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners for approval
- December 20, 2018 – Presentation and Awards (Lake Meeting)
Strategic Plan: http://www.douglascountynv.gov/365/County-Strategic-Plan
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit application via one of the following channels:
Mail or Hand Deliver to:
Douglas County Manager
Attention: Finance: Kathy Kaiser - Community Grant Program
P.O. Box 218
Minden, NV 89423
Please contact Kathy Kaiser at (775) 782-9029 with any questions regarding the Community Grant Program.
USA: Nevada: Douglas County