Foundation / Corporation
Rhode Island Foundation
Grants starting at $10,000 to Rhode Island nonprofit organizations for programs that provide housing and food to underprivileged populations. Priority is given to programs that support children, the homeless, poor, and elderly. Funding will be provided for operations, direct, and basic needs assistance to agencies. The program will also consider requests for funding assistance with paying for utilities, purchasing clothing, and prescription or medical assistance.
- Statewide programs or efforts that have a strong geographic or community focus
- Collaborations, especially regional ones
- Requests for children and the homeless populations
- Agencies with adequate capacity to deliver services
GrantWatch ID#: 184299
Grant funding amounts will be linked to both service provided and the number of individuals reached and can range from $10,000 to $150,000.
Agencies and/or collaborations with a statewide reach will be eligible for grants of $50,000 and higher.
Smaller agencies serving a distinct geographic area will be eligible for grants of $50,000 or less.
- Rhode Island based/serving agencies
- Must address housing, food insecurity or other basic needs
- Agencies that request general operating funds must have, and share, a strategic plan or business plan
- Must serve vulnerable populations
- Must have other funding for direct, basic needs
Application Deadline: September 21, 2018
Applicants should contact Ian Ross with any issues related to logging in to the grant portal.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Inés Merchán, Grant Programs Officer
Ian Ross, Grants Database Coordinator
USA: Rhode Island