Foundation / Corporation
The Colorado Health Foundation
10/15/18 5:00 PM MDT
Grants to Colorado nonprofits and agencies for community food programs, housing financial assistance, adult recovery supports, food program participation, and caregiver resources. Funding is intended for projects that are innovative and address urgent community needs as well as new opportunities.
The responsive grants program is designed for the applicant to propose their best ideas to achieve impact within one or more of the Foundation's focus areas. The program is intended to respond to an urgent community need; address emerging opportunities; test innovative approaches or breakthrough ideas; or implement proven programs.
To be considered for funding, organizations must meet at least one of the following objectives:
Nurture Healthy Minds
- Adult Recovery Supports: Support nontraditional programs and technology-based recovery supports for Colorado adults in need to ensure they have support close to home that makes recovery possible.
- Caregiver Resources: Ensure that formal, informal and familial caregivers have access to resources and supports that improves their skills to have strong and positive relationships with young children in Colorado – ages 0 to 6 – so that they have stable, responsive relationships with at least one caring adult.
Strengthen Community Health
- Community Food Programs: Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of collaborative community-level efforts to reduce food insecurity so Coloradans have healthy food and won’t go hungry.
- Food Program Participation: Increase participation in public food assistance programs among Coloradans who are eligible for them so they have healthy food and won’t go hungry.
- Housing Financial Assistance: Increase Coloradans’ purchasing power for housing by improving and better targeting programs that provide financial assistance for renters and home-buyers to reduce the number of low-income Coloradans who spend more than 30 percent of their incomes on housing.
GrantWatch ID#: 184391
Generally, the Foundation makes grants to the following types of organizations:
- Colorado organizations classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3)
- Colorado public agencies, including state and local governments
New or emerging organizations without 501(c)(3) status are permitted to apply through a tax-exempt organization acting as fiscal sponsor. The fiscal sponsor must maintain full discretion and control over any awarded grant funds and should have the organizational capacity to manage and accept the risks involved with fiscal sponsorship. Additionally, the project must be aligned with the fiscal sponsor’s charitable mission, and the fiscal sponsor’s Board must approve of the project as furthering the sponsor’s charitable mission prior to applying for a grant to the Colorado Health Foundation.
The Foundation encourages all applicants to sign up in the grants management system by October 8 to confirm registration is complete in advance of submitting a grant application.
At each funding deadline (February 15, June 15, October 15), the Foundation will identify specific objectives for the responsive grants program, which may change from deadline to deadline. Grant funding is highly competitive across all objectives open for the responsive grants program in a funding cycle.
Apply for funding by 5:00 PM MDT on October 15, 2018.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Foundation staff before applying for funding.
Please note that review of your proposal may take up to four months.
Focus Area: Nurture Healthy Minds: https://coloradohealth.org/focus-area-nurture-healthy-minds
Focus Area: Strengthen Community Health: https://coloradohealth.org/focus-area-strengthen-community-health
The Foundation's Cornerstones: https://www.coloradohealth.org/about-us/vision-mission
General FAQ: https://coloradohealth.org/faqs-about-our-updated-strategy
Policies and Guidelines: https://www.coloradohealth.org/funding/you-apply
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://coloradohealth.fluxx.io/
If you don’t already work with a program officer, please reach out by email at email@example.com or by phone at 303-953-3600.
The Colorado Health Foundation
1780 Pennsylvania St.
Denver, CO 80203