Foundation / Corporation
AMTC and Associates and Abstinence and Marriage Resources (AMR)
10/28/18 5:00 PM CST
Grants of up to $75,000 to Illinois individuals and organizations to coordinate an abstinence education program for students in grades 5-12. Responsibilities will involve recruiting sites to host the program, training educators in the curriculum, and adhering to the reporting requirements.
The curricula is facilitated by classroom teachers and educators throughout the state. Educators and schools receive free training and materials (including student workbooks) through the grant but do not receive compensation. Regional Coordinators have primary responsibility in recruiting schools and/or community-based sites to host the program, work with educators to complete required curricula training and work with educators to understand and adhere to reporting requirements.
In the current project period, more than 11,000 youth were served throughout the State of Illinois. AMTC and AMR anticipate reaching more in the next year of funding. To that end, AMTC is looking to add additional Regional Coordinators (RC) to the partnership, who will cover the following three regions:
Region 1 - Counties: Boone, Bureau, Carroll, DeKalb, Jo Daviess, Henry, Lee, Ogle, Putnam, Rock Island, Stephenson, Winnebago, and Whiteside;
Region 2 – Counties: McHenry and Lake; and
Region 8 – Cook County North & Northeastern Townships: Barrington, Elk Grove, Evanston, Hanover, Leyden, Maine, New Trier, Niles, Northfield, Palatine, Schaumburg, and Wheeling.
AMTC believes adding additional RCs to the team will allow the partnership to more effectively and efficiently reach schools (and other youth serving entities) in communities where recruitment and follow-up efforts have not been established and will help to achieve the goal of serving additional youth.
The scope of this project includes enrollment and project participation of between 1,000 to 1,500 youth per region. The agreed upon enrollment is reliant on the size of the youth population in the contracted region. The RC will be responsible for entering all youth enrollment and attendance information for youth, maintaining the customer relationship management system (CRM), conducting educator observations, and participating in meetings and trainings. Each Regional Coordinator (RC) is expected to work no less than 30 hours per week.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Promoting and recruiting middle and high schools (and other entities that naturally serve youth), through contacts with educators, administrators, school counselors or other site staff to attend AMR curriculum training and to facilitate AMR’s abstinence education programs to students in their schools via school staff;
- Securing and entering enrollment and attendance data in required data system;
- Conducting educator observations and
- Participating in regularly scheduled AMTC and AMR meetings, via conference call or in-person.
GrantWatch ID#: 184411
AMTC is seeking to contract with up to three organizations or individuals.
The proposed budget for each region must not exceed $75,000 per year.
Generally, the project period will be September 29 – September 28. However, during the first project year, the start date may be delayed for up to one month.
AMTC and Associates (AMTC) is accepting proposals from individuals and organizations to provide programmatic regional coordination in one or more of 9 program regions throughout Illinois on a year-round basis.
Request for Proposal and Project Timeline
- All proposals in response to this RFP are due no later than 5pm CST, Friday, October 28, 2018.
- Review and evaluation of proposals will be conducted from Monday, October 29, 2018 until Friday, November 2, 2018. If additional information or discussions are needed with any applicants during this one-week period, the applicant(s) will be notified.
- The selection decision for the winning applicant will be made no later than Monday, November 5, 2018.
- Upon notification, a contract will be issued to the selected applicant(s) for signing.
- Notifications to applicants who were not selected will be completed by Monday, November 12, 2018.
- The official start date of the contract is to be determined but will be no later than Monday, November 12, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.