National Network of Libraries of Medicine Pacific Northwest Region (NNLM PNR)
03/01/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $2,000 to USA public libraries in eligible states for short-term projects to promote access to and knowledge of online medical resources for consumers and health care providers. Organizations must be located in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington. Funding is intended to increase access and awareness of health resources in the community.
Specifically, the Outreach Mini-Award seeks to address one or more of the following aims from the NNLM PNR cooperative agreement.
- To improve consumer access to high quality health information in communities throughout the region.
- To promote quality, culturally competent resources of the NLM among public libraries, schools and community organizations to support health and wellness, and to encourage health and science careers and lifelong learning.
- To develop a network of public librarians and community organizations to support the goals of the National Library of Medicine and the NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Network
Proposed projects may include the following activities (other creative ideas encouraged):
- Expenses to host an NLM traveling exhibition and offering programming to the public;
- Programming around a National Health Observance topic;
- Implementing activities using an NNLM Reading Club Kit;
- One-day events such as health fairs, workshops, community day (e.g., emergency preparedness event) to increase awareness and use of electronic resources, including NLM resources.
This award is intended to cover costs such as personnel, registration fees, travel/mileage costs, reproduction costs, shipping costs, and other costs. Indirect costs may be included, but due to the nature and small amount of the award, applicants are encouraged to waive them. Expenses are also allowed to publicize a health information service, event or resource, including NLM or NNLM resources or services, but the allowable costs are limited to educational materials or publicity, such as posters, displays, flyers, bookmarks, or brochures.
GrantWatch ID#: 184486
5 or more
Up to $2,000
Funding Period: Thursday, November 1, 2018 to Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Applicants must be from public libraries, or from other NNLM member organizations in partnership with public libraries.
Applicants must be members of NNLM PNR. Membership is free and open to institutions interested in improving equitable access to health information.
Applicants who have not previously received NNLM funding for an outreach project, or have only received funding once, are especially encouraged to apply.
Furniture is not allowed and food is not allowed unless certain circumstances apply.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 1, 2019 - 5:00 PM
The PNR staff will acknowledge your application when received, and notification of awards will be given within four weeks.
Information on registering as a UW supplier:
Grants and Proposal Writing course materials:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply for NNLM PNR membership, submit an online membership application:
Submit the completed application as an email attachment to NNLM PNR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance, please contact:
Cathy Burroughs, Associate Director, NNLM PNR
USA: Alaska; Idaho; Montana; Oregon; Washington