Foundation / Corporation
Arrowhead Regional Arts Council (ARAC)
05/17/19 4:30 PM
Grants of up to $1,000 to Minnesota artists residing in St. Louis, Koochiching, Lake, Itasca, Cook, Carlton, and Aitkin Counties to implement artistic projects. Funding is intended for well-planned projects that allow artists to take advantage of upcoming opportunities or support their artistic growth.
Equipment or technology purchases are allowed but must be integral to the artistic project proposed.
GrantWatch ID#: 184659
Grants of up to $1,000 are available.
An approved project must begin within six months. A project must be completed and with grant funds spent by May 31, 2020.
- For the August 17, 2018 deadline, projects must start after October 1, 2018.
- For the January 18, 2019 deadline, projects must start after March 1, 2019.
- For the May 17, 2019 deadline, projects must start after July 1, 2019.
To be eligible to apply for this program the applicant must be at least eighteen years old; a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status; be a resident of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, or St. Louis County for at least six months and remain a Minnesota resident for the duration of the project.
Individuals enrolled in arts-related degree programs are ineligible to apply. An applicant must have never received a previous grant from the Arrowhead Regional Arts Council to be eligible.
Funding for projects that include out-of-state activities is prohibited in this program.
The project is ineligible for funding when:
- The project attempts to influence any state or federal legislation
- The request includes making improvements to the applicant’s private property
- The project requires excessive entry or exhibition fees, includes tuition, fees, or work toward a degree
- The project primarily involves developing school curriculum plans or teaching materials
- The project is primarily intended to support teaching-related activities that will advance your teaching career
- The project promotes religious socialization
- The project was once supported by state general fund appropriations
Grant Writing workshops are held two weeks prior to the deadline. Participants learn about the grant program, application process, and how to write an effective grant application.
The dates and times are listed on the Grant Workshops page: http://aracouncil.org/upcoming-grant-workshops/
Applications Open: April 5, 2019
Application Deadline: May 17, 2019
Board Approval Meeting: June 20, 2019
Earliest Possible Starting Date: July 1, 2019
Applications must be received into the online system by 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date.
First-time applicants are strongly encouraged to contact ARAC staff.
ARAC staff will review a grant application if that review is requested two weeks or more before the grant deadline.
Projects seeking financial support from both ARAC and the Minnesota State Arts Board (MSAB) may do so only after consulting with ARAC staff.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=aracouncil&
For grant eligibility related questions:
Holly Hackett-Rich, Grants Manager
Arrowhead Regional Arts Council
The Ordean Building
424 West Superior Street, Suite 104
Duluth, Minnesota 55802
USA: Minnesota: Counties of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, or St. Louis