Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH)
12/20/18 2:00 PM EST Receipt
Grant to a Connecticut nonprofit organization, for-profit corporation, or state or local government agency to create and maintain a comprehensive tobacco cessation phone and web-based coaching service. A Letter of Intent must be submitted before applying.
Funding is intended to support the implementation and maintenance of the Connecticut Quitline, a comprehensive telephone- and webbased tobacco use cessation coaching service that will assist Connecticut’s residents in their efforts to quit tobacco use through the provision of individualized counseling, information, and self-help materials.
The services that the Department wishes to procure through this RFP are as follows:
- Medical Services or Medical Testing Services
- Services (Professional, Support, Consulting and Misc. Services)
- Healthcare Services
The Tobacco Control Program is working to enhance the well-being of Connecticut's residents by promoting tobacco-free lifestyles and by educating communities about the economic and health costs and consequences of tobacco use. Tobacco use is the single most avoidable cause of death in our society and one of the most important public health issues of our time.
The selected contractor must be able to provide the following services and the applicant must address their approach in the proposal (See the RFP document in Supporting Documents below for more details):
- Screening and Registration
- Quitline Telephone Service
- Self-help and educational materials
- Satisfied Caller Program
- Electronic Referral System
- Online Registration/Enrollment
- Website Access
- Stand-alone website cessation program
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy and other Quit Medications
- Social Networking, Text Messaging and Emerging Communication Technology
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Transition Plan
- Third Party Evaluator
- Applicant Capability Chart
GrantWatch ID#: 184666
Number of Awards: 1
$225,000 each year is anticipated.
Contract Cost: $1,200,000
The Contract Term is from August 1, 2019 to July 31, 2024.
Private provider organizations (defined as nonstate entities that are either nonprofit or proprietary corporations or partnerships), State agencies, and municipalities are eligible to submit proposals in response to this RFP.
To qualify for a contract award, a proposer must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Be a private for profit, non-profit or government agency;
- At least three years’ experience providing tobacco use cessation Quitline services;
- Ensure confidentiality consistent with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
These funds cannot be used for capital purchases or computer equipment.
A Letter of Intent (LOI) is required by this RFP. The LOI is non-binding and does not obligate the sender to submit a proposal.
Deadline for submission of proposals is December 20, 2018, 2:00 P.M. Eastern Standard time. Proposals must be received by the Official Contact on or before the due date and time.
All questions regarding this RFP or the Department’s procurement process must be directed, in writing, to the Official Contact before the deadline specified in the Procurement Schedule. The early submission of questions is encouraged. Questions will not be accepted or answered verbally – neither in person nor over the telephone. All questions received before the deadline(s) will be answered.
It is strongly recommended that any proposer or prospective proposer interested in this procurement subscribe to receive e-mail alerts from the State Contracting Portal. Subscribers will receive a daily e-mail announcing procurements and addendums that are posted on the portal.
Procurement Schedule. See below. Dates after the due date for proposals (“Proposals Due”) are target dates only (*). The Department may amend the schedule, as needed. Any change will be made by means of an amendment to this RFP and will be posted on the State Contracting
Portal and, if available, the Department’s RFP Web Page.
- RFP Planning Start Date: March 26, 2018
- RFP Released: October 25, 2018
- Deadline for Questions: November 15, 2018
- Answers Released: November 21, 2018
- Letter of Intent Due: December 13, 2018
- Proposals Due: December 20, 2018
- (*) Proposer Selection: January 31, 2019
- (*) Start of Contract Negotiations: February 15, 2019
- (*) Start of Contract: August 1, 2019
Payments will be provided upon satisfactory completion of services on a monthly basis utilizing a reimbursement method for services rendered as documented through submission of a monthly invoice.
Solicitation details: https://biznet.ct.gov/SCP_Search/BidDetail.aspx?CID=48050
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The electronic copy of the proposal may be submitted via email to the email address below.
Barbara Metcalf Walsh
410 Capitol Avenue, MS#11 HLS, Hartford CT, 06134