Foundation / Corporation
Veterans Support Foundation (VSF)
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for projects that benefit veterans. Funding is intended for projects that support veterans in one of the following categories: financial support/services, female veterans, veteran camaraderie, service/therapy animal support, job/transition training, legal support/services, life skills, and homeless veterans.
Categories of funding are defined as follows:
- Female Veteran Support: programs that target female Veterans only
- Veterans Financial Support/Services: programs that focus on financial readiness for Veterans
- Veteran camaraderie: any program that focuses on bringing Veterans together in a social environment such as a retreat
- Service/Therapy Animal Support: programs that focus on the use of service or therapy animals
- Job/Transition Training: any program that focuses on employment and/or assisting Veterans' transition from military to civilian
- Veterans Legal Support/Services: programs that focus on any sort of legal support/training for Veterans
- Veteran Life Skills: programs that focus on general life skills for Veterans
- Homeless Veterans: this is for any program with a strict focus on support of homeless Veterans
VSF funds projects that directly affect veterans and their families. Projects that prove beneficial to veterans and develop a track record of providing needed services and/or performance may be considered for funding in subsequent years.
VSF provides funding in the form of grants supporting veteran-related projects throughout the United States. VSF gives priority to matching fund projects. VSF provides funding solely for scientific, charitable, and educational purposes.
GrantWatch ID#: 184725
VSF provides funding to nonprofit organizations only.
For individuals, please locate your nearest service officer for assistance with your benefits
VSF will not fund projects for Bricks & Mortar, Faith-Based Organizations, Memorials, Monuments, and Museums.
AIl grant applications are due in by midnight, March 31, 2019.
Between April and June of each year, applications are reviewed, prioritized and voted on by the VSF Board of Directors. By late June, applicants will begin to be notified by e-mail whether or not they will be receiving funding for their project.
Due to the nature of some projects, if an organization is in need of the full amount of the grant monies to complete the project, they can submit in writing a request to substantiate the need. The board will consider the request and any grant history, if applicable.
Upon receipt of your signed grant agreement, funds will begin to be disbursed in October of each year, so applicants should plan accordingly if their projects are of a time-sensitive nature.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online applications: http://vsf-usa.org/grant.html
All questions may be sent to email@example.com
Veteran Support Foundation
8719 Colesville Rd., Suite 100
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
800-882-1316 ext 126
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming