Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation of Mendocino County (CFMC) - Field-of-Interest Funds
01/15/19 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $500 to $1,000 to Inland Mendocino County, California nonprofit organizations for projects and programs that address the needs of girls and women in the area. Funding is intended to assist local organizations that have a background in supporting women and girls, as demonstrated in their mission and programs.
The program/project should:
- Offer an innovative solution that addresses an identified community need related to the well-being of women and girls;
- Or advance the economic welfare of women and girls.
GrantWatch ID#: 184739
Grant range: $500-$1,000
Projects and/or activities supported by a Field-of-Interest grant should be concluded by April 1, 2020.
In 2019, the Community Foundation is welcoming proposals from Inland Mendocino County nonprofit organizations that have a history of supporting women and girls as demonstrated in their mission and programs. Additionally, the organization may not have an active Ukiah Saturday Afternoon Club Endowment Fund grant.
To apply, organizations may not have an open Field-of-Interest grant and all previous reporting must be successfully completed. In addition, applicant organizations must:
- Serve residents of Mendocino County. Applicants not headquartered in Mendocino County must ensure that all grant dollars requested are spent within the County;
- Be legally chartered in California and in possession of determination letter from the IRS declaring the organization a public charity that is exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3); or be a school district, tribe, or special district (e.g. community services, recreation, fire protection); or have an aligned mission with a fiscal sponsor;
- Have two years of operational history;
- Conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, or religious affiliation.
Applicants may not use grants for:
- Political contributions or to support political campaigns or lobbying;
- Influencing the outcome of or participate in any public election or to carry on, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive;
- Purposes other than those which are religious, charitable, scientific, literary, or educational within the meaning of Section 170 (c)(2)(B) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- Purposes other than those stated in the grant award.
In addition, eligible organizations may not have an active Ukiah Saturday Afternoon Club Endowment Grant.
Deadline for Submission Extended: January 15, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply at least 5 days in advance of the deadline to resolve any technical difficulties or unforeseen Internet connectivity issues. Applicants can access a list of questions and the budget form, and are encouraged to complete them in advance to facilitate the online application process.
Grants recipients will be notified of award by April 5, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Grants are submitted online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2295?SA=SNA&FID=35107
Please email your questions to:
Michelle Rich, Director of Grants and Programs
Or call: 707-468-9882
USA: California: Inland Mendocino County