Foundation / Corporation
Virginia Agriculture in the Classroom
Grants of up to $500 to Virginia public or private PreK-12 schools, parent organizations, and clubs to support STEM-based educational opportunities for students. Eligible proposals will use agricultural programs to connect students to the source of their food. Such a connection will not only foster a greater understanding and appreciation of agriculture but will also support core curriculum standards.
Agriculture in the Classroom provides grants to support schools and organizations who strive to help students understand the source of their food and fiber and to help Virginia's school children gain a greater knowledge and appreciation of agriculture. Successful grant applicants will provide students with hands-on, experiential learning about agriculture.
Project and Application Guidelines:
- Students must be directly engaged in the educational component.
- Grant project must incorporate STEM-based learning objectives.
- Special consideration will be given to those applicants who incorporate Virginia Agriculture in the Classroom materials into their projects.
GrantWatch ID#: 184762
Grants may be requested for up to $500.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Teacher or administrator of any Virginia PK-12 schools, public or private.
- 4H and/or FFA clubs are eligible when applying for a project that will serve the general school population.
- PTAs or other parent organizations may apply when the project will directly engage students.
- Schools must have an average daily attendance of at least 100 students.
- Schools/organizations who have already received a 2018-2019 Agriculture in the Classroom grant are not eligible.
Applications must be submitted online by January 14.
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status in writing by February 1.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please submit applications online here:
Contact Agriculture in the Classroom with Questions:
P.O. Box 27552
Richmond, VA 23261-7552