City of Crosby Spirit Fund
12/14/18 12:00 PM
Grants to Crosby, North Dakota nonprofit organizations for community projects that improve the quality of life for local residents. Funding is intended to support job creation and retention by providing grants for capital improvements, marketing and promotions, and special community events.
The primary purpose of the City of Crosby Spirit Fund - Community Enhancement Fund is to enhance the quality of life in the Fund's trade area through job retention. The residents' quality of life affects the performance of existing businesses and is an important factor in determining whether new businesses and individuals will visit and/or move to the trade area. The Community Enhancement Funds will provide resources to organizations and communities that are working to create, improve, and strengthen the quality of life by marketing and promotions and enhancing job development through the cultural, historical, recreational, educational, health/fitness and social/ethnic activities in the Fund's trade area.
Generally funds shall be used for:
a. Capital improvements (i.e. land, buildings, equipment)
b. Programs, annual, and special events
c. Operating expenses
d. Marketing, community development and job creation
GrantWatch ID#: 184804
Funds are to be expensed within 12 months from receipt of Letter of Approval. Extensions are only allowed upon Spirit Fund Board approval.
Generally, no funds will be committed beyond the current project year.
Eligible to apply:
1. Applications will be accepted from communities within the Crosby trade region and organizations intending to operate in the Crosby trade area.
2. The Community Enhancement Funds will provide resources to organizations and communities that are working to retain or develop jobs and enhance the quality of life in the Crosby trade area.
1. Funds will be used to develop non-profit organizations.
2. For-profit organizations will be considered for these funds only under the most unusual circumstances, and only when it can be determined that the for-profit venture meets the general purpose for which the fund was established.
1. No project shall be financed from this fund that will allow it to unfairly compete with existing projects or organizations (profit or non-profit).
2. Restructuring existing debt generally will not be considered.
3. No project shall be funded that violates any state, federal or constitutional provisions (i.e. equal access laws, discrimination on the basis of race, sex or religion, separation of church and state, etc.).
The deadline for all applications will be December 14th, 2018 at 12:00pm. The Community Enhancement Funds will be awarded annually.
To apply for funding, applicants must complete the application forms and required attachments. The Crosby City Council will review and grant final approval or disapproval for all projects at their first meeting in February.
Applicants approved for funding will be notified, in writing, by the Economic Development Director. If the application is not approved for funding, the Economic Development Director will notify the applicant along with any comments the Spirit Fund Committee members deem appropriate.
Interviews with applicants will be scheduled toward the end of each January with the Spirit Fund Board.
Leveraging financing from other sources shall be considered in providing funding to a project.
Generally, more than one project will be funded each year. A project will consist of a specific “Use of Funds,” not the group or organization applying for funds.
For questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to call the Economic Development office for the City of Crosby.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Economic Development Office
City of Crosby
USA: North Dakota: Crosby