City of Saskatoon
02/15/19 4:30 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan nonprofit sports organizations to increase the capacity of sports programs to better serve the community. Eligible projects include website development, governance reviews, sports or office equipment purchases, feasibility studies, facility upgrades, strategic planning, and market research aimed at refocusing direction.
GrantWatch ID#: 184826
The City of Saskatoon will provide funding of up to 75% of eligible project costs to successful applicants. The maximum grant amount is $10,000.
Projects must be completed within 24 months of receiving funds.
To be eligible for support, your organization must:
- Be a registered non‐profit sports organization whose primary mandates is to deliver sports programming in Saskatoon and be overseen by a provincial or national governing sports organization;
- Be registered as a non‐profit corporation federally or with Information Services Corporation (ICS) in Saskatchewan. A Saskatoon chapter of a provincial or national organization not incorporated in its own right can apply for funding if contact information and documentation for the provincial or national parent organization is provided. Grant payment is made to the incorporated organization;
- Have been incorporated and in existence for a minimum of one year;
- Have appropriate liability and participant insurance for the proposed project; and
- Be up‐to‐date and in good standing with any previous grant received from the City of Saskatoon
Who Can't Apply?
- Individuals; and
- Health districts, libraries, private schools, government agencies, educational institutions, universities and other non‐sporting organizations.
- Regular or routine maintenance and repair;
- Training, conference, or travel projects;
- Projects that are part of on‐going, day‐to‐day operations;
- Administrative costs not directly related to the project;
- Projects not located in Saskatoon;
- Projects that have been completed on or before the deadline date; and
- Projects that will not be completed within 24 months of receiving funds.
Applications must be received by 4:30 pm, February 15, 2019. Applicants will be informed of the results of their application by May 1, 2019.
Eligible organizations may apply for only one project per deadline.
The City of Saskatoon will not accept and process applications that are submitted by fax and not signed by two people (one of whom must be a board member).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email a completed copy of the application to:
For more information or to discuss your application contact:
Kathy Allen, Arts and Grant Consultant
City of Saskatoon