Grants of up to $15,000 to Tempe, Arizona neighborhood and homeowners' associations and apartment communities for projects that benefit local neighborhoods and community residents. Funding is intended for capital improvement projects that serve the entire neighborhood, improve accessibility, and involve residents throughout the project planning and implementation process. Eligible projects include entry signage, fencing and walls, lighting and landscape, arts, and parks.
Applications are evaluated based on how well the project meets each of the following:
- Provides an environmental benefit, such as water and/or energy conservation, shade
- Enhances the aesthetics of the neighborhood
- Accessible to all members of the community
- Improves health and safety of residents
- Addresses a known neighborhood deficiency
- Complements other neighborhood projects (private or City)
- Addresses how project will be maintained in the future
- Engages the neighborhood in the planning, development, and creation of the project
- Completeness of application (are all elements present and have appropriate staff discussions taken place).
It is important to have community involvement early on and throughout the project process. All residents of the community must be notified of the opportunity to apply for a grant, provided a chance to propose and comment on project ideas, and be included in the final selection of the project. Applicants should plan out and document how the community is going to be involved in the selection of a project as well as the execution. Grant projects can provide an opportunity for hands on involvement from residents, such as planting trees or creating elements of an art project.
GrantWatch ID#: 184829
The maximum grant amount is $15,000. The total available funding is $275,000 with additional funds available for projects that meet water conservation criteria. A match of at least 25% of the total project cost is required for homeowner associations and multi-housing communities. Associations may combine efforts and submit a joint application.
Projects must be a one-time expenditure and be completed by June 30, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For more information, contact:
Neighborhood Services Director
City of Tempe Neighborhood Services Division
21 E. 6th Street, Suite 208
Tempe, AZ 85281
USA: Arizona: Tempe