Israel Innovation Authority (IIA) and Innovate UK
Grants to Israel and United Kingdom technology companies to collaborate on research and development projects in any area of industry. Funding is intended for joint projects that focus on developing creative and original products and applications in all market and technology fields. Applicants are expected to develop ready-to-market solutions or projects that have strong market potential.
- The UK and Israeli partners must express their will to cooperate to the development of a new product, industrial process, or service. The product, process or service must be innovative and there must be a technological risk involved.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technological cooperation between the participants from the countries (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
Funding support will be given to each eligible partner by its own National Authority. These organizations will also provide access to public funding for the joint projects. Funding conditions and eligibility criteria may vary from country to country. As a summary, the main funding criteria are explained below:
Funding from Innovate UK will not exceed 70% if you are a micro or small business, up to 60% if you are a medium-sized business and up to 50% if you are a large business of the eligible and approved costs of the R&D. For industrial research projects, you could get funding for your eligible project costs in the form of a conditional grant and in accordance with normal Innovate UK terms and conditions. The projects are expected to last no more than two years.
An Israeli R&D performing company that initiates a single- or multi-year program to provide know-how, processes or methods for the manufacture of a new product, application, technology base service or process. The product must have a sizeable potential for export sales. Research institutes or other participants may apply as a subcontractor to a company. The support is in the form of a conditional grant amounting generally up to 50% (+ regional incentives for companies located in designated "development zones") of the eligible R&D budget.
Clear definitions of where Intellectual Property can be used and shared between the participants and countries should be addressed in proposals.
GrantWatch ID#: 184843
Total Budget for Israel: 1 million € (can be exceeded)
Total Budget for UK: £1 million (up to €1.14 million)
UK: Grants are expected to be typically in the region of £200,000- £250,000.
Israel: The support is in the form of a conditional grant amounting generally up to 50% (plus regional incentives for companies located in designated "development zones") of the eligible R&D budget.
Earliest Project Start Date: August 1, 2019. Projects have a maximum duration of 24 months.
Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the funding criteria can apply to the present announcement in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations, and procedures in effect.
Eligible partners are invited to present joint proposals for industrial R&D projects according to the following criteria:
- The lead partners should include at least one UK and one Israeli business of any size. Participation of research institutes/universities is welcome as subcontractors according to each country’s funding regulations.
- The participants are required, prior to submission to have a draft consortium agreement, which must be signed before contracts are awarded.
- At least one industrial partner in each country (UK and Israel) will be required for each project with no individual partner, or parties from one country, taking more than 75% of the total eligible project costs.
- Funding needs to adhere to the national funding criteria of the relevant country. The funding level of commercial partners will be limited to the EU General Block Exemption Rules (GBER).
- Commercial Partners in a consortium should include separate legal and non-linked entities to ensure that projects stimulate genuine international collaboration, not internal company research. Where the companies are linked, they shall be considered a single entity under the parent company, for the purposes of participation eligibility; at least one industrial partner in each country (UK and Israel). Linked companies can specify under which nation they wish to be considered for the purposes of participation. For the purpose of funding, where companies are linked, the individual companies will receive funding from their respective national funding body.
- Organizations from other EUREKA Member states may also participate provided they arrange their own funding and the project meets the eligibility participation criteria of UK and Israeli organizations.
The Call was launched on November 19th, 2018 by Innovate UK and Israel Innovation Authority.
The projects awarded will be funded through a virtual common pot, which means that the national funding agencies will fund their respective national participants in the funded projects. The participants are therefore strongly advised to consult their respective funding agencies for further guidance.
Before submission of the proposal through Eureka, applicants should submit their applications according to the procedures of each National Authority. In the UK the participants should submit an application through Innovative's UK website. In Israel, the Israeli partner is required to submit the National Application Form in accordance with IIA regulations through an online system.
Deadline for submission to Innovate UK and IIA : March 11, 2019.
The completed Eureka Application Form must be submitted simultaneously to Innovate UK and IIA by March 11, 2019. The forms must be filled in English.
In addition to the application form submission, UK applicants should register with Innovate UK.
-Consensus meeting of Funding Agencies: June 2019
-Notification to Applicants: July 2019
-Eureka Label: November 2019
This call is managed in cooperation and in line with the procedures of EUREKA innovation platform (www.eurekanetwork.org).
Further details regarding grants are available at the Innovation Authority web site:.
Application form and information: http://www.eurekanetwork.org/eureka-project-application-form
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Israel Innovation Authority online system: https://bakasha.innovationisrael.org.il/
Send Eureka Project Application Form to: email@example.com (the subject line should be UK-Israel Open Call 2018)
For additional information, please contact:
Telephone: +972 3 5118185
UK - Customer Support Services
Telephone: +44 3003 214 357
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.