Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County (CFSGWC)
01/15/19 4:00 PM
Matching grants of $10,000 to Weld County, Colorado nonprofits to create a new endowment fund or expand an existing fund. In addition, organizations that are chosen to receive the grant will receive consulting services, technical assistance, and publicity from the Fund to help the agency and to strengthen its abilities. All endowment funds generated through the Nonprofit Endowment Challenge will be managed by the Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County and will be placed into a permanent, named fund for the organization.
In determining the award for the matching funds initiative, the following elements shall be taken into consideration:
- Meaningful mission statement for the organization.
- The potential financial vitality and community impact of the organization.
- The content and feasibility of the proposal outlining how a minimum of $10,000 will be contributed by December 31, 2020.
- The ability, capacity and leadership of the organization to meet the stated challenge objectives.
The primary evaluation criteria to be used by the review committee will focus on how the organization plans to grow the endowment fund once it has been established. Special consideration will be given to the following:
- Incorporation of endowment building strategies into the overall development efforts of the organization;
- Involvement and demonstrated leadership of Board members in endowment fundraising;
- Marketing plans that incorporate endowment building and planned giving;
- Organizational stability and track record in raising various types of funds.
GrantWatch ID#: 184884
The Community Foundation will provide a match of $10,000 for each selected organization.
Each organization must contribute a minimum of $10,000 by December 31, 2020.
The Challenge is open to:
- Nonprofit [501(c)(3)] organizations in Weld County. Preference will be given to organizations that have been in existence for a minimum of three years.
- Preference will also be given to organizations that wish to establish their first organizational endowment, but the match is also open to those who have an existing endowment under the Community Foundation's management and who wish to further build their fund.
- Application deadline - January 15, 2019, 4:00 PM
- Announcement of selection - End of February 2019
- Six-month report due - August 2019
- Twelve-month report due - February 2020
- Eighteen-month report due - August 2020
- Deadline for match completion - December 31, 2020
Each organization must contribute a minimum of $10,000 by December 31, 2020 and the Foundation will provide a match of $10,000.
How to Apply: https://www.cfsgwc.org/new-application-process-how-it-works
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Preview form and apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Form/Preview?form=340353&urlkey=cfsgwc
The Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County
2425 35th Avenue, Suite 201
Greeley, Colorado 80634
Contact form: https://www.cfsgwc.org/contact
Phone: (970) 304-9970
USA: Colorado: Weld County