Foundation / Corporation
Margery Shinners Leadership Fund (MSLF)
Grants ranging from $500 to $3,000 to Chicagoland area, Illinois women for professional development and career advancement. Funding is intended to improve women's knowledge and skills in their professional fields and to give them the tools and training to be competent and confident in achieving their leadership goals.
Ambition Grants seek to provide assistance to women who, through additional education, technical training, and/or participation in professional development institutes, programs, or activities are making career changes, seeking to advance in current careers, or reentering the workforce.
The following criteria will apply to the selection of Ambition Grants:
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development;
- Clear purpose for seeking an Ambition Grant;
- Degree to which use of funds is consistent with career objectives;
- Feasibility of plan and proposed time schedule.
Ambition Grant funds are available, but not limited to, the following activities or expenses:
- Plan to enroll or are enrolled in an educational program such as a certification program, technical school or program, test prep course;
- Professional certification or advanced education testing fees;
- Expenses related to attendance at a professional meeting, conference, or seminar;
- Purchase of equipment necessary for chosen pursuit (e.g. knives for culinary school, camera for photography, etc.);
- Career counseling or life coaching.
GrantWatch ID#: 184911
Award Amount: $500 - $3,000
Ambition Grants are open to women in the Chicagoland area seeking to advance or make a change in their professional careers or explore entrepreneurial endeavors.
Any applicant not awarded an Ambition Grant is eligible to re-apply the following grant cycle.
Ambition Grant recipients must wait two years before applying for an additional award.
Board members and their immediate family are not eligible for Ambition Grants.
Except where expressly stated otherwise, Ambition Grants are NOT available for the following:
- Tuition related to bachelor’s, master’s, or professional (e.g. law or medicine) degree programs;
- Previous expenditures, deficits, or repayment of loans
Deadline for submission of application and supporting documents: January 15, 2019
Notification of decisions: March 1, 2019
Reimbursement for monies spent from November 15, 2018 - March 1, 2019 in furtherance of the Ambition Grant will be considered.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please submit the application and supporting documents to MargeryShinnersLeadershipFund@gmail.com.
USA: Illinois: Chicagoland Area