Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA) - Preserving Diverse Cultures (PDC) Division
Grants of up to $3,500 to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for arts and cultural projects serving African American, Asian, Native American, Latinix, and Hispanic communities. Submission of a Letter of Interest is required prior to the full proposal. Funding is intended to support the planning and implementation of artist-led programs, exhibitions, artist-in-community residencies, performances, and murals.
The Pennsylvania Council on the Arts - Preserving Diverse Cultures (PDC) Division supports the creation, development and stabilization of organizations, programs and projects whose mission and artistic work are deeply rooted in and reflective of ALANAH (African American, Latinx, Asian, Native American and Hispanic) perspectives. Additionally, the applicant's programs and staff are representative of those communities. Community-Based Engagement Project Grants are designed to engage ALANAH communities in the development and implementation of collaborative, artist-led community-based arts and culture projects.
GrantWatch ID#: 184914
Funding amount: Up to $3,500 total for planning and programming.
The project must take place between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020.
Applicants may receive project support for up to four years.
The PDC Division offers funding opportunities to organizations within ALANAH communities in Pennsylvania.
Applicants may apply for artist-initiated projects with a sponsor nonprofit organization.
Organizations currently receiving PCA funding are not eligible.
PCA funds cannot be used for the following:
- Capital expenditures, including equipment costing $500 or more per item;
- Activities for which academic credit is given;
- Activities that have already been completed;
- Activities that have a religious purpose;
- Cash prizes and awards;
- Benefit activities;
- Hospitality expenses, i.e. receptions, parties, gallery openings;
- Payments to lobbyists;
- Performances and exhibitions not available to the general public.
Projects that are part of ongoing programming are not eligible.
Deadline to apply:
Letter of Interest Deadline - Postmarked by January 18, 2019
Applicants who are recommended to proceed to Stage 2 to submit a full application for funding will be notified on February 4, 2019.
Community-Based Engagement Project
Letter of Interest Due Date: January 18, 2019
Application Submission Due Date: March 18, 2019
Grant Review Panel Sessions: May 2019
Recommendations Made to Council: July 2019
Applicant Notification: August 2019 (Pending timely passage of state budget)
Program Period: September 1, 2019 - August 31, 2020
Final Report Due Date: September 30, 2019
To be eligible, applicants must comply with the following:
- Create a DUNS Number (See Guidelines listed in Supporting Documents below, or Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with registering.)
- Register and create a Commonwealth Vendor Number (See https://www.budget.pa.gov/Services/ForVendors/Pages/Vendor-Registration.aspx)
- DataArts collects financial, organizational and programmatic data from applicants and creates a PCA Funder Report for the past two years. This report must be uploaded as an attachment in ESA.
- First two years: No match required
- Third year: 50% match required
- Fourth year: 1:1 match required
Contact PDC Program Director Dana Payne for questions and for more information regarding eligibility, program availability, and the application process.
About the ESA online application system:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To submit the full proposal through the ESA online portal: https://www.esa.dced.state.pa.us/login.aspx?var=5
Mail the complete Letter of Interest packet to:
Dana Payne, Program Director
CBEP - Letter of Interest
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
Room 216, Finance Building
Harrisburg, PA 17120