Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for Southern Arizona (CFSA) - Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona
Grants of up to $5,000 to Southern Arizona nonprofit arts organizations in rural communities to develop arts programming for local communities. Eligible organizations must be located in a community south of the Gila River that has a population of up to 50,000 residents. Organizations must also serve low-income and/or minority participants.
The goal of the grant program is to assist arts groups develop into organizations that:
- Possess a mission/vision that promotes high quality artistic expression;
- Have an active and engaged Board of Directors; and
- Recruit volunteers and staff members that have a strong relationship with the community.
GrantWatch ID#: 184995
The maximum amount that can be requested is $5,000.
The grant period is one year in duration, February 2019 – February 2020.
- The applicant must be based in a rural community and be a 501(c)(3) in good standing. For the purposes of this grant program, rural is described as a community located in Arizona south of the Gila River, and has a population of 50,000 or less.
- The applicant’s annual budget cannot exceed $150,000 a year.
- Applicants must be an arts organization that has been providing arts programming for a minimum of three years prior to the submission of this application.
- The applicant must serve low-income and/or minority participants. CFSA gives priority to agencies that include representatives of these demographics in all aspects of the organization including production/presentation/exhibition, governance, management and administration, and financial support.
- The application has an audience development component as part of its annual goals. CFSA is interested in encouraging arts organizations to become more self-sufficient to the extent that they can, and growing audience is an important strategy.
Deadlines for FY 2018-2019:
- Application opens: November 26, 2018
- Applications due: January 16, 2019
- Notification letters sent: Week of February 11, 2019
All applications must be completed online.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal:
For questions about the application process or content of the proposal, contact:
Program Coordinator with the Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona
For technical assistance, contact:
Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona
Communities located south of the Gila River
USA: Arizona: South of the Gila River