California Department of Education (CDE) - Early Learning and Care Division (ELCD) and Special Education Division (SED)
01/25/19 11:59 PM Receipt
Grants to California county offices of education to expand inclusive early childhood education and care programs for children with disabilities, ages birth to five. Applicants must submit a letter of intent prior to applying. Funding priority will be given to applicants with a demonstrated need for expanded access to inclusive early learning and care within their county, particularly within low-income and high need and low access communities.
This grant has been established for the following purposes:
1. Ensuring greater rates of enrollment in early learning and care settings for children with disabilities and other exceptional needs, including those with severe disabilities.
2. Increasing and building capacity for inclusive early learning and care programs.
3. Increasing access to care for children representing a broad range of disability types and different levels of severity.
4. Improving child outcomes for children with disabilities and other exceptional needs, including children with severe disabilities, as measured by state assessments, achievement of learning objectives, the Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP), and other state and local measures.
The county offices of education selected for this work must demonstrate the capacity to do the following:
1. Coordinate and collaborate with local resources to support children with disabilities and other exceptional needs, including children with severe disabilities, within their county or region.
2. Coordinate and leverage other state and federal investments directed towards supporting children with disabilities and other exceptional needs, including children with severe disabilities.
3. Communicate regularly with the CDE ELCD and SED.
4. Coordinate with California’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS), Quality Counts California (QCC) to ensure participating ELC sites also are participating in their local QCC.
5. Develop broadly applicable resources that can be shared statewide.
6. Commit to providing program data through program evaluation by submitting year end reports for 2019 and 2020.
GrantWatch ID#: 185001
The grant period for the Inclusive Early Learning and Care Coordination Program (IELCCP) is a one-time funding from March 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020.
Applicants shall be a COE (county office of education) or several COEs may elect to apply as a consortium. The CDE requires that all COEs are included and reserves the right to contact neighboring COEs to partner with a COE that was not included in a letter of intent. The COEs that apply as a consortium must remain in the consortium for the entire project period. One COE in the consortium must serve as the lead. The lead COE will be responsible for submitting the application, acting as the fiduciary agent, compiling and submitting the consortium’s fiscal information, and responsible for collecting and submitting data as required by CDE.
- RFA Release Date: December 12, 2019
- Webinar to address grant questions and the application process: December 12, 2019
- The IELCCP Letter of Intent: January 11, 2019 by 11:59 PM
- The IELCCP Application is due to the California Department of Education: January 25, 2019 by 11:59 PM
- The Application Review Process will use the Reading and Scoring criteria specified in the RFA: January 28–February 7, 2019
- Grant Award Notification Letters will be mailed to recipients: February 8, 2019
- Appeals must be submitted to the Early Learning and Care Division within ten calendar days of the Intent to Award announcement with original signatures from the Authorized Agent. No faxed or emailed appeals will be accepted: February 8–19, 2019
- The final Grant Award Notification letters will be mailed to recipients: February 20, 2019
- Start Date: March 1, 2019
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit LOIs to: IELCCP@cde.ca.gov
Applicants must submit an electronic copy of the application to the above address.
Additionally, applicants should mail or personally deliver a hard copy application to the following address:
Inclusive Early Learning and Care Coordination Program
Early Learning and Care Division
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 3410
Sacramento, CA 95814-5901
Early Learning and Care Division