Foundation / Corporation
WindsorEssex Community Foundation (WECF)
Grants of up to $500 to Windsor-Essex, Ontario elementary level classes for student-driven projects that benefit local residents. Funding is intended for creative and innovative projects that are led by students. Eligible projects will address one of the Foundation's vital signs and will positively impact the community outside the school and classroom.
- Provide students with a unique community-building experience of their own design
- Encourage hands-on community outreach
- Increase students’ pride in their school and community
- Encourage creative thinking
- Provide constructive ways to address Vital Signs 2018 issue areas
KidStart Grants will fund projects that:
- Are driven by students
- Are creative and innovative
- Will make a positive impact on the community
- Partner with a Community Organization (a letter of support from Community Partner is recommended)
- Are inclusive to everyone in the classroom
- Are for JK - Grade 8 classes
- Have approval from the school’s administration
- Align with 1 of the 11 WECF Vital Signs issue areas.
Projects must Address One of the Following Vital Signs Issue Areas:
- Health, Wellness & Activity
- Belonging & Leadership
- Arts & Culture
- Getting Started
- Getting Around
- Food Security
GrantWatch ID#: 185136
The grant money must be spent by the end of the school year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
E-mail completed applications to Anna Maruska at: email@example.com
Mail completed applications to:
WindsorEssex Community Foundation
3200 Deziel Drive, Suite 511
Windsor, ON N8W 5K8
Contact the WECF office between 8:30am and 4:30 pm with questions.