Foundation / Corporation
United Way of West Central Minnesota (UWWCM) and Willmar Area Community Foundation (WACF)
Grants of up to $3,000 to West Central Minnesota nonprofit organizations, public schools, and government agencies for programs in the areas of health, education, productive aging, engaged youth, basic needs, and bridging diverse communities. Eligible organizations should provide services to Kandiyohi, Meeker, Renville, Chippewa, and/or Swift Counties.
The intent of the Community Focus Grant program is to provide support for community projects, programs or initiatives in need of a small, one-time grant that aligns with the Community Impact Priorities. Funding will support programs, projects or initiatives that have a clear alignment to the Community Impact Priorities and serve people within the UWWCM and WACF service areas.
Community Focus Grant allocations can be used for projects such as:
- Emerging or unmet needs and/or to support innovative solutions to local issues.
- Program work including planning, training, and/or development.
- Organizational capacity building including strategic planning, governance and other types of organizational planning, and/or development activities.
- Community and/or human service work that includes volunteer participation.
For more information about the Community Impact Priorities, see Supporting Documents below.
GrantWatch ID#: 185182
Grants of up to $3,000 will be awarded.
Funded activities shall commence in a timely manner and expenditures shall cease within one year after receipt of the grant unless an extension is granted by the Community Investments Committee. Funds not expended shall be returned to UWWCM and Community Focus Grant program.
- Operate as non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, a public school, a unit of government and/or have a fiscal sponsor.
- Operate under-written Articles of Incorporation and By-laws or other written documents or statutes that define the applicant’s purposes, membership, management, and operation.
- Operate on a non-discriminatory basis in employment, recruitment of volunteers, and delivery of services.
- Demonstrate effective program performance and financial responsibility and accountability.
- Operate or provide service within Kandiyohi, Meeker, Renville, Chippewa, and Swift counties of Minnesota served by UWWCM and WACF. Grant funding is only for programs that serve individuals living within the UWWCM and WACF service area.
Funding may not support capital campaigns, event sponsorships or marketing. Projects awarded funding are not eligible for additional funding through UWWCM or WACF during the same fiscal year.
Deadlines: October 5th, 2018 and February 28th, 2019
Community Focus Grant funds cannot exceed 50% of the project budget.
To apply view Supporting Documents for the Community Focus Grants Form.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be mailed to:
United Way of West Central Minnesota
Community Focus Grant Request
PO Box 895
Willmar, Minnesota 56201
For questions about this application:
James Miller, Executive Director United Way of West Central Minnesota
Sara Carlson, Executive Director – Willmar Area Community Foundation
USA: Minnesota: Kandiyohi, Meeker, Renville, Chippewa, and Swift counties of Minnesota