Foundation / Corporation
Professional Dimensions (PD)
03/01/19 5:00 PM
Grant to a Milwaukee County, Wisconsin nonprofit organization for programs and projects that promote self-sufficiency for girls and women in the community. Funding is intended for bold projects that address a gap in services that are currently offered in the community. The results of the program should directly impact the Milwaukee community.
Two PD members will be required to work as liaisons with the program and help plan activities. These liaisons are called Champions. The Champions' role is to work with the PDCF Board of Directors to educate members of PD about the organization’s and the program’s purpose, engage members with the partner organization, encourage members to contribute funds. and act as advocates for the issues the organization is working to improve.
The Selection Criteria for the PDCF Signature Project:
- Champions are committed to act on behalf of the selected organization and to develop a dedicated team of PD members to support the project. (Team members are expected to be active participants vs. honorary members.)
- The PDCF signature project focus will foster self-sufficiency for women.
- The application provides clearly defined outcomes and strategies for success.
- The signature project has a high likelihood of engagement by the members of PD with the specific program PDCF is supporting.
- The contributions of PD will have an impact on the overall financial support of the organization.
Additional funding may be used to create a brochure, print contribution envelopes and promotion posters, or cover the costs of refreshments and supplies for fundraising events for the PDCF signature project.
GrantWatch ID#: 185215
PDCF’s financial contribution to the selected organization is set at a goal of $50,000 per year for two years (or $100,000 over two years) and is a “best efforts” commitment and is not a guaranteed amount.
In addition to this financial commitment, PDCF plans to provide up to $3,000 per year to underwrite the cost of fundraising, awareness-raising and PD member engagement activities related to the PDCF Signature Project
Charitable Fund projects last for a period of two years and new projects are chosen every odd year in the spring.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please e-mail your application to:
Johannah Karstedt St. John
If you have additional questions feel free to contact:
Janet Slater, Board Chair
USA: Wisconsin: Milwaukee County