New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH)
03/20/19 3:00 PM EDT
Contract for services to a New York qualified vendor for technical assistance and training for pediatric behavioral health service providers. Funding is intended to support a center to supply the service providers with the tools and knowledge to adapt to the changing healthcare system, while improving their competencies and skills.
The awardee will be responsible for developing and implementing training in each of the identified topic areas as well as providing targeted technical assistance to New York State’s children’s behavioral health providers with the goal of:
- Enhancing the quality of care for children and youth and their families/caregivers by advancing the competencies and skills of the children’s behavioral health workforce, and supporting a provider’s ability to adequately supervise and retain this skilled workforce.
- Fortifying children’s behavioral health providers’ organizational and fiscal structures to enable their economic stability,
- Expanding, recruiting and retaining a qualified Family and Youth Peer workforce that will be well equipped to support youth and families receiving children’s behavioral health services.
Anticipated outcomes will result in a:
- Robust children’s behavioral health network of providers with a skilled workforce,
- Children’s behavioral health system that will be fiscally stable and sustainable,
- High quality peer workforce that can serve the diverse and unique behavioral health needs of children and their families/caregivers.
Scope of Work, Goals and Objectives:
GrantWatch ID#: 185233
Up to $2,700,000
The contract is for five years, dependent upon appropriation funding. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2019.
Eligible applicants must be located and do business in New York State and have the capacity to provide trainings on a statewide basis.
Eligible applicants must also have:
- Experience and proficiency in conducting statewide training and providing technical assistance through in person and remote means, using the necessary technology to reach a wide breadth of audiences and stakeholders,
- An established learning management system to promote, conduct and track provided education and training sessions, along with those registered and participating,
- An understanding in the field of healthcare in NYS, as well as children’s behavioral health system of care.
Eligible applicants may subcontract with content experts for specific deliverables. Content experts must be:
- Statewide family and/or youth-run peer support organizations, with experience in serving and supporting the field of peer support workers. or
- Not-for-profit providers who are licensed, designated, authorized or funded by the OMH for the provision of children’s behavioral healthcare services, or
- Children’s behavioral health advocacy and/or member agencies, located and doing business in New York State, who have knowledge and expertise of the children’s behavioral health system of care, or
- Academic experts in the areas of children’s mental health treatment, services and evidence-based interventions, who are located and doing business in New York State.
- RFP Release: Wednesday, 1/23/19
- Deadline for Submission of Questions: Wednesday, 2/13/19
- Questions and Answers Posted on OMH Website: Wednesday, 2/27/19
- Proposals Due: by 3:00 PM Wednesday, 3/20/19
- Notice of Conditional Award (estimated date): Monday, 4/8/19
- Contract Start Date (estimated date): July 1, 2019
Vendor Responsibility Questionnaire:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Proposals should be mailed or delivered to:
New York State Office of Mental Health
Contracts and Claims Unit, 7th Floor
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229
Attn: Technical Assistance Center for Children’s Behavioral Health Providers
All questions or requests for clarification concerning the RFP shall be submitted in writing by email to the Designated Contact, Carol.Swiderski@omh.ny.gov
USA: New York City; New York