Foundation / Corporation
Park City Community Foundation (PCCF)
Grants ranging between $1,000 and $25,000 to Park City, Utah nonprofit organizations for programs to increase participation of Latino children (up to age 12) in local recreation and sports activities. Funding is intended for transportation, scholarships and gear, and communication and outreach.
The Solomon Fund addresses the low-income Latino community’s limited participation in athletics in the Park City area. It believes that the benefits of increasing access to sports and recreational activities for children is multifaceted, from creating a more inclusive community to promoting long-term healthy lifestyles to greater academic achievement. The goal of the funding is to reach 20% Latino participation in programs that are currently being offered in Park City, mirroring the current demographics of the school district.
This initiative aims to address several barriers that currently hinder participation for these families. Key barriers include communication and outreach, transportation, and scholarships and gear:
- Communication and Outreach: Historically, opportunities that have been available have often gone unnoticed due to a major gap in communication between organizations and families. Translation of promotional materials and outreach are an important piece to this puzzle.
- Transportation: Transportation to and from activities seems to be an ongoing obstacle for working parents. With the collaboration of several agencies offering additional transportation, more children will able to access the sports and recreational opportunities that the community has to offer.
- Scholarships and Gear: Scholarship opportunities currently exist but do not fully support the actual need of Latino children in the Park City School District. The Solomon Fund has begun to collaborate with many agencies in town to help supplement and provide additional scholarships for children in need.
Further information including a video about the fund can be found at https://parkcitycf.org/our-impact/other-programs/solomonfund/
GrantWatch ID#: 185271
Grants will generally fall in the $1,000-$25,000 range, depending on the amount available for distribution, the request made by the organization, and the potential impact of the proposed activities.
Park City Community Foundation awards grants to local nonprofits.
The fund does not intend to support competitive or elite athletes.
- Wednesday, March 27: Application deadline
- Friday, April 26: Applicants notified of Solomon Fund Grants Committee decision
- Monday, April 29: Grants announced
- Monday, May 13: Payments disbursed
- January 2020: Impact Report due
Application guidelines can be seen at: https://www.grantinterface.com/Process/Apply?urlkey=parkcitycf
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application form: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=parkcitycf
Please don’t hesitate to contact Diego Zegarra or Sarah MacCarthy with questions or concerns about the grants program, your application, and the process:
Diego Zegarra, Social Equity Director
Rachel Olson, Grants & Database Administrator
Park City Community Foundation
Visit: 1960 Sidewinder Drive, Suite 103, Park City, UT 84060
Mail: P.O.Box 681499, Park City, UT 84068
USA: Utah: Park City