Foundation / Corporation
Delaware Community Foundation (DCF)
Grants to Delaware nonprofit organizations for projects that align with a range of interest areas that benefit residents of the State. Funding is intended for programs and activities that promote the arts, support animal welfare, provide long-term health care, and fulfill the wishes of terminally ill children.
Specific Interest Areas:
- Delawareans in Need of Long-Term Health Care: These grants will support charitable organizations that benefit Delawareans in need of long-term health care. This would include, but is not limited to, support of nursing homes, rehabilitative facilities, hospitals or convalescent homes. In addition, the Fund may support research into alternate methods of long-term health care conducted by individuals or educational institutions.
- Small Grants for Arts in Wilmington: These small grants will support charitable organizations that support the arts in Wilmington. The opportunity is designed for small organizations or larger organizations with smaller, discrete projects. Supported projects include the presentation of performing, visual, literary, media or folk arts in communities throughout the state, and that reach audiences and participants with limited access to the arts or to a particular art form.
- Fulfillment of Terminally Ill Children’s Wishes: These grants will support charitable organizations that grant the dreams and wishes of chronically and terminally ill children of families with limited financial resources in Delaware. In addition, funding can grant the dreams and wishes of chronically and terminally parents with children in Delaware who do not have the financial resources for sharing a dream or wish with their children before their expected deaths.
-Support Animals and Animal Welfare: These grants will support charitable organizations that:
-Assist in the training of professionally trained seeing eye dogs and service assistance dogs for blind individuals, deaf individuals and/or individuals with mobility impairments and/or other physical disabilities
-Provide support services in connection with the placements of such dogs with eligible recipients who are residents of the State of Delaware who demonstrate a drive to become more independent and who would not be able to acquire such dogs without financial assistance
-Encourage the humane treatment of animals in Delaware through education of the public, adoption of animals without owners, neutering, and enforcement of laws governing the humane treatment of animals.
GrantWatch ID#: 185387
- Delawareans in Need of Long-Term Health Care: Awards will range from $5,000 to $7,500.
- Small Grants for Arts in Wilmington: Awards will range from $1,000 to 2,500.
- Fulfillment of Terminally Ill Children’s Wishes: Awards will range from $2,500 to $7,500.
- Support Animals and Animal Welfare: Awards will range from $2,500 to $7,500.
Agencies receiving DCF grants must serve the state of Delaware and its residents without discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin or sexual orientation.
- Non-501(c)3 nonprofit organizations
- Purchase of office equipment, furniture or electronics
- Sports clubs, leagues or facilities
- Educational institutions
- Purchase of vehicles (i.e., mobile machines that transport people or cargo)
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes (However, projects that serve the entire community, regardless of religious affiliation, are eligible for support.)
- Annual fundraising campaigns or general operating expenses
- Projects completed before June of the current year
- Special events
- Debt reduction
The grant application submission deadline is March 22, 2019.
The online grant application for each opportunity will be available beginning February 19, 2019. Grant proposals must be submitted using the online DCF application form. One application per organization will be accepted. Other proposal formats will not be accepted.
Grants are approved by the DCF Board of Directors within three months of the application deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=delcf
For more information, please contact:
Sarah Grunewald, vice president of community impact
USA: Delaware: Small Grants for Arts are available for nonprofits in Wilmington.