Foundation / Corporation
Northwoods League Foundation and St. Cloud Rox
In-kind grants of equipment valued at $2,500 to Central Minnesota nonprofit organizations and schools to give children ages 9 to 12 the opportunity to play softball or baseball. Programs must take place within an area that is served by a league affiliate of the Foundation. The grant is a standardized set of Rawlings equipment, sized for youth ages 9-12.
The Northwoods League Foundation is a charitable organization that serves as a vehicle to transform a shared passion for baseball and softball into positive change and support for communities. The “Share the Glove” program provides youth baseball and softball equipment annually in every Northwoods League market.
The Mission of the Northwoods League Foundation is to utilize the game of baseball to enrich the quality of life for children and families with an enduring and caring focus on Northwoods League communities.
GrantWatch ID#: 185392
Grants are valued at $2,500.
The Youth Softball Grant provides:
– (2) Sets of catcher’s gear (helmet, chest protector, shin guards, mitt)
– (8) Batting helmets
– (10) Fielding gloves (8 right, 2 left)
– (1) Bucket of practice softballs
– (6) Bats (27 in. – 30 in.)
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible to receive the grant:
- Organization qualifies as a 501(c)(3) organization, school or school-based program, or community-based organization as defined under US IRC section 501(c)(3);
- Organization is not an individual, for-profit business, political, or religious organization;
- Organization provides opportunities for kids ages 9-12 to play baseball or softball within a community that is served by a Northwoods League affiliate.
The deadline to apply for the grant is Wednesday, April 10.
The Northwoods League Foundation will make the final determination on the awarding of grants. Grant recipients will be notified by the St. Cloud Rox.
To apply please view the URL for Full Text and fill out the online form. For a printable version, please view supporting Documents.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
PO Box 7216
St. Cloud, MN 56303
St. Cloud Rox
5001 Veterans Drive
St. Cloud, MN 56303
USA: Minnesota: Central