Foundation / Corporation
First 5 Shasta (F5S)
03/22/19 12:00 PM
Grants of between $500 and $1,500 to Shasta County, California school districts, licensed childcare and preschool providers, TKs, and kindergarten programs to benefit local children aged 0 to 5 with purchases that support STEAM in the classroom. Purchases may include classroom equipment, sensory tools, topic-specific books, and curriculum.
Through this Mini-Grant funding, First 5 Shasta (F5S), is offering funding to purchase products that support high-quality childcare and early education through the incorporation of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) in the classroom environment. Products proposed for grant funding must be developmentally appropriate and promote social, cognitive, and emotional growth of young children.
Each High-Quality Child Care and Education Equipment Mini-Grant request must address the following F5S Pathway Goal and Initiative:
- Goal: High-Quality Childcare and Early Education
- Initiative: Support early care and education to maintain standards of high quality (emphasis on family engagement and on social, cognitive, and emotional growth of children).
GrantWatch ID#: 185419
Support will be awarded for a minimum of $500 and a maximum of $1,500.
The contract period is April 8, 2019 - June 30, 2019. Programs will not be automatically renewed for funding once they end. All purchases must be complete by June 30, 2019.
- Groups eligible to apply must be Shasta County providers licensed to serve children ages 0-to-5 in a formal setting.
- Groups eligible to apply may include, but are not limited to: school districts, TK/Kindergarten Programs, licensed family childcare providers, and licensed center-based child care and preschool providers. Applicant license must be in good standing.
- A specific entity cannot receive more than one STEAM Materials Mini Grant in a fiscal year.
- North State QRIS Participants should review their request with their Mentor Coach to verify that the request is not eligible for QRIS funding.
- First 5 Shasta funds cannot be used to supplant or take the place of funding for existing services, including existing staff time. Funds must be used to create, enhance, or expand services. Current F5S grantees cannot use funds to supplement or expand their existing F5S scope of work or budget.
- The purchase of videos or other items that promote screen time will not be considered.
Further criteria can be seen at: https://lf.first5shasta.org/Forms/grantapp?type=STEAM
- Application Period: February 25, 2019 – March 22, 2019
- The deadline for applications is March 22, 2019 at 12:00 PM
A strategic plan reflecting the “Pathway to Children Ready for School and Succeeding at Third Grade” framework, selected goals, and initiatives supporting each goal is available at: www.first5shasta.org. It is highly recommended that all applicants read the strategic plan and familiarize themselves with the Pathway framework prior to submitting funding requests.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application form and guidelines: https://lf.first5shasta.org/Forms/grantapp?type=STEAM
If you have questions please contact Theresa Rickard-Tibbett, Grant Coordinator, at 530-646-3780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
First 5 Shasta
393 Park Marina Circle
Redding, CA 96001
USA: California: Shasta County