Miami Dade County - Office of Management and Budget
04/22/19 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $5,000 to Miami-Dade County, Florida small businesses, including home-based businesses, in District 13 for capital purchases and renovations. Funding is intended for small owned and operated businesses to buy supplies, insurance, and equipment; make minor interior and exterior renovations; pay for leases or mortgages for commercial space; and obtain professional services. Businesses located in the NRSA (Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Area) will be given special consideration.
In addition, technical assistance is made available at no charge, to small businesses in order to create a better working and business environment, promote economic development opportunities, educate owners about various county-funded programs and projects, form/foster better working relationships among small business owners, retain and eventually create more jobs, offer the necessary training that small business owners so desperately need to become more efficient and competitive, etc.
Eligible use of funding:
- Inventory / Supplies
- Business Equipment
- Marketing / Advertising
- Liability Insurance
- Minor Interior / Exterior Renovations
- Security System
- Work Vehicle (pick up truck or cargo van)
- Professional Services (Accounting, Business Training, and Seminars, and events)
- Lease or mortgage for commercial space only
GrantWatch ID#: 185468
Up to $5,000 per business.
- All businesses must be located in District 13.
- Business must be in operation for at least one year.
- Must be a for-profit business.
- Must not be part of a national chain
- A physical address is required. No P.O Box as mailing address allowed.
- Home-based businesses can apply.
Prior year recipients cannot apply (received funding in 2018). Businesses that relocate out of the district during the process are ineligible. Nonprofits cannot apply.
Ineligible use of funding:
- Rental Deposits
- Late Payment Fees
- Purchase of Alcohol, Tobacco or Medicine
- And any and all others not listed in the eligible use.
All businesses that are applying for funding are encouraged to attend an informational workshop, which will explain the program requirements. All questions will be answered only during this period. Attending the preliminary meeting does not guarantee that you will receive funding.
When: April 5 at 4 p.m.
Where: Town of Miami Lakes Town Hall, 6601 Main Street, in Hialeah
If you plan to attend the meeting, please bring a copy of the application, copies may not be available.
Applications are available online from January to May, depending on your commission district. Deadlines to complete the application are also based by district:
- District 13: Applications will be available through April 12.
- Completed applications will be accepted by 4 p.m., April 15-22 at the District 13 Office.
A Data Universal Numbering System number, known as a DUNS number, is required at the time of application. Register here: https://dashboard.dnb.com/register
District information: http://www.miamidade.gov/commission/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Hand-deliver applications to:
District 13 Office
1490 West 68th Street, Suite 101
Hialeah, Florida 33014
For more information call:
USA: Florida: Miami-Dade County, District 13