Foundation / Corporation
Open Space Institute (OSI)
Fellowship to a college graduate in the USA to gain professional experience working towards conservation goals alongside leaders and colleagues in New York City. The Fellowship offers a paid position for the period of one-year with a competitive starting salary and full benefits package working alongside staff based in OSI’s New York City home office.
OSI’s multifaceted programs will give the fellows wide-ranging experience in the conservation field. Fellows will have the opportunity to work on projects related to the following, based upon her/his education and desired career path:
- Conservation real estate transactions, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Access to urban parks, state parks, and the stewardship of protected lands
- Conservation science research and information dissemination
- Administration of grant funds to partner organizations for land protection and environmental education
- Finance, accounting and administration of a large non-profit organization
- Executive and development departments working with partners, funders, and the Board of Trustees
GrantWatch ID#: 185470
One year, beginning in late summer of 2019.
Applicants must be/have:
- Interested in pursuing a career in conservation and/or non-profit related field.
- Demonstrated a commitment to the mission of conservation or the environmental movement, including diversity in conservation.
- A college graduate with demonstrated academic excellence (GPA, course selection, and leadership).
- Available and committed to full and enthusiastic participation in all aspects of the Conservation Diversity Fellowship.
- Able to work out of OSI’s midtown office in New York City and participating in the Fellowship for one year beginning in late summer of 2019.
- Eligible to work in the United States
The selection process, including a potential interview, will take approximately four to six weeks.
Applications are due online by April 15, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=openspace
For more information about the grant, please contact:
Mike Baden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-356-4295 or Jessica Watson at email@example.com or 212-356-4288.
Open Space Institute
1350 Broadway, Suite 201
New York, NY, 10018
212 290 8200
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming