New Jersey Department of State (DOS) - New Jersey Office of Faith Based Initiatives (NJOFBI)
05/01/19 4:59 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 and grants of up to $25,000 to New Jersey faith-based or community-based organizations to develop and implement social enterprise ventures. Funding is intended to build capacity for start-up projects and to provide capital investments for existing projects.
SE2D Project Growth will provide capital formation investments (grants) to existing social enterprise venture (SEV) with the intent to leverage the SE2D Projects capital investment with other private investments designed to grow and eventually scale the enterprise.
- SEV must be beyond the prototype and testing phase and must be at the growth phase;
- They must have been in operation for at least the past two years 2018 – 2019;
- Generating revenue;
- The SEV purpose is to address a social issue;
- Participate in mandatory capacity building entrepreneur training;
- The cost for the business plan development training will be incorporated into the SE2D Project budget at $700 per organization.
SE2D Project Start-up will provide capacity building capital to nonprofit organizations that are in the emergent stage of forming SEVs and require intensive training and technical assistance, business plan development and executive staff mentoring, in an effort to move them from idea creation phase to mission phase.
- Must commit to attend mandatory capacity building entrepreneur training sessions:
- The idea submitted to create the SEV must address a social issue;
- SE2D II applicants must commit to budget, from the award, $1,400 per organization for staff development.
GrantWatch ID#: 185510
SE2D Project Growth: $25,000
SE2D Project Start-up: $10,000
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a faith-based nonprofit and/or community-based organization;
- Be tax-exempt by determination of the Internal Revenue Service in accordance with Section 501 (c )3;
- Be in good standing with the Department of Treasury, Business Service Center;
- Be registered with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, Charitable Registration and Investigation Section;
- Houses of Worship;
- Public/Private/Charter Schools and School Districts;
- The idea to help people find work will not be funded;
- The idea to help people sell their products separate and apart from the venture will not be funded;
- The idea of helping people create their home based micro businesses will not be funded.
Paying for organized fundraising or solicitation, construction and purchase of real property, medical/health-related activities or items are ineligible costs and will not be approved.
Funds may not be used to build an organization’s capacity to provide programs or services that include inherently religious activities. If a recipient provides programs or services that include inherently religious activities, such activities must be separate in time or location from the programs or services that the organization is seeking to improve through this grant.
The proposal is to be submitted via the Department of State - System for Filing Grants Electronically (SAGE) no later than 4:59 PM, May 1st, 2019.
Recorded Application Webinar:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
NJ Office of Faith Based Initiatives
P.O. Box 456
Trenton, New Jersey 08625
Tel: (609) 984-6952
Fax: (609) 633-7141
USA: New Jersey