Foundation / Corporation
East Tennessee Foundation (ETF) - Pat Summitt Foundation
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $50,000 to Tennessee nonprofit organizations, government agencies, educational and faith-based institutions for Alzheimer's education, research, and patient care and caregiver support programs. Projects must demonstrate an immediate and direct impact on caregiver support and/or patient care.
The Pat Summitt Foundation is fighting Alzheimer’s disease with a comprehensive approach, awarding grants to organizations that provide:
- Research to treat, prevent, cure, and ultimately eradicate this disease
- Education and awareness of Alzheimer's, its onset, and treatment
- Support services to patients, their families, and caregivers
GrantWatch ID#: 185528
Grant awards range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $50,000.
One-year grants will be awarded in May 2019.
Applicant and project eligibility:
- Projects must involve direct and immediate Alzheimer's patient care, and/or caregiver support.
- Projects that are exclusively research-based with no direct and immediate impact on Alzheimer's patient care and/or caregiver support are not eligible.
- If the organization is a chapter of a national organization the chapter must be located in and directly serve residents of Tennessee and all grant funds must be spent in and solely benefit residents of Tennessee.
- Faith-based organizations may apply.
- Eligible organizations must have and be able to provide documentation to verify the following: Confirmation that the organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, unit of government, or educational institution, and new or emerging groups that do not have nonprofit status may apply if they have an established nonprofit organization as a fiscal sponsor.
Further documentation verification information can be seen at: http://www.easttennesseefoundation.org/scholarships-grants/grants/general-eligibility
The following will not be funded:
- Projects that have explicit religious content, express a particular religious view, or advance a religious purpose
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Endowment funds or general fundraising campaigns
- Capital improvements
- Grants to individuals
- Requests from outside the service area,
- Requests from non-qualified charities, or from individuals
- Ongoing operating budgets
- Capital and endowment-building campaigns
- Small businesses, business start-up, or advertising
- The online application will be available on March 1, 2019.
- The submission deadline is April 1, 2019.
Applications may be submitted for multiple grantmaking programs, but only one application may be submitted by the same organization to a specific grant-making program.
Instructions for the online grant application system can be seen below.
Grant FAQs: http://www.easttennesseefoundation.org/scholarships-grants/grants/grants-frequently-asked-questions
Grantmaking Process: http://www.easttennesseefoundation.org/scholarships-grants/grants/grantmaking-process
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=easttennesseefoundation
To learn more about the Pat Summitt Foundation Fund's grantmaking process, please direct your questions to:
- Jan Elston, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs, East Tennessee Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley Siferd, Program Officer at email@example.com or call toll-free 877-524-1223
To learn more about the Pat Summitt Foundation and its mission, please direct your questions to:
Patrick Wade, Executive Director, The Pat Summitt Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or toll-free (877) 524-1223